Saturday, May 13, 2006

Imitation is the Highest Form of Flattery

My friend Katrina made a sweet post of the Great Eight things that she loves about the two men in her life at her blog, Callapidder Days. It made me think about the things I love about my loved ones as well.

But then I noticed that Katrina's friend Dianne, who has become a blog-friend of mine, decided to copy the idea on her blog: Unfinished Work.

So, I'm not sure if I'm copying Katrina or Dianne, but here is my entry, in honor of Mother's Day, for without them, I wouldn't be experiencing the joy of motherhood.


Terry

  • has become so gracious and forgiving of me, teaching me forgiveness, and truly showing me the love of Christ
  • supports me in whatever I try to do, even at personal expense (of time or money)
  • accepts and tolerates everyone, in a genuine, non-PC sort of way
  • is a hard worker, and does what he commits to do
  • is a man of integrity
  • appeciates my sense of humor
  • makes me laugh with his sense of humor
  • is the person I most enjoy spending time and sharing life with

Amanda is

  • outgoing and kind to others
  • honest (even when it might get her in trouble)
  • exuberant
  • an avid reader (like me and her father and a few generations before her) and a quick learner
  • a follower of Jesus, already applying His teachings to her life
  • curious and thoughtful
  • persistant
  • a great playmate for her brother

Kyle

  • likes to be the center of attention
  • so he's developing quite the sense of humor to get it
  • is loud and wild, but will still sit still in my lap to read a book
  • has a quickly growing vocabulary that's fun to watch develop
  • loves his big sister
  • amazes me with his ability to figure things out (like the VCR, DVD, etc)
  • melts my heart with random and unexpected kisses and hugs

1 comment: