Saturday, June 17, 2006

I'm a Blogging Chick

I have joined my first blogroll over at Blogging Chicks. Many of the blogs I was drawn to were a part of it, so I decided to join up. If you want to find a new blog, you might check out the blogroll on the sidebar. They also have a weekly carnival each Sunday, and this was a writer's choice--any of our best posts, so check it out. There are some wonderful bloggers on this blogroll, so if this is one of their choice posts, they are going to be great.

I participated in another carnival this week, too, theChristian Carnival. There are many links there, and I haven't had a chance to check many of them out, but there is a wide variety of stuff out there.

And finally, I wanted to share which blogs I love the most--and why. I am still working on updating my links section, at which time I will permanently add some to my sidebar, but I thought I could include some more detail by way of this introduction.

Katrina at Callapidder Days is my "for real" friend. She is also a mentor to me, in my Christian walk as well as my writing, even though she's younger than me. Her writing is sometimes funny, sometimes informational, and always true and relevant.

I found Dianne's Unfinished Work through Callapidder Days, and she has quickly become my first "blog friend." I read her stuff, she reads mine, and we both enjoy both the reading and the feedback, I think. You can tell she gives each word thought, because in the economy of two paragraphs she can make a great point and get me thinking. Also, she's not a mom, so it's kind of nice to read a little more about non-mom life and thoughts, since most of my friends are moms and most other blogs I read are from moms. Kids are great, but you know. . . .

I have no idea how I found Books and Tea. Well, I'm sure it was on someone's sidebar, or maybe from a comment, but I love books, and I like tea (mostly iced, but hot is good too), and I was intrigued enough to click over. To me, Jeannine is like a helpful neighbor with some easy, everyday thoughts or information or something to give me a lift.

Rocks in My Dryer is a fun read. Shannon is funny when she writes about her own life, but she's also a fount of blog knowledge and resources. She is the host of Works for Me Wednesdays, which I really enjoy (reading and participating in). In addition to that, she often links to very interesting sites or articles that keep me adding to my own personal blogroll.

My friend over at Shelled Peas is also a real life friend, from waaaay back. She is very funny. She thinks that she's only funny, but she's also quite insightful and honest as well. She's a homeschooling mom of two, active in her church, a great cook and she's usually up to something. . . .

There are a few others that I am starting to read regularly and really enjoy like My Code Yellow Life, who's good for a laugh and often an a-ha moment at the same time as she shares her life as a mom. And just last week I found Jen's Robinson's Book Page. Her tagline drew me in right away, "Promoting the love of books by children and the continued reading of children's literature by adults." Her site features reviews of children's and young adult books as well as adult fiction, and maybe more.

Of course I come across more and more intriguing and interesting blogs each week (danger, danger), but I can't list all of them, and I'm still deciding how many I can/want to keep up with on a regular basis.

And finally, D.C. Roe is trying to get 2996 bloggers to each run a tribute to someone who lost their life on 9/11 as a tribute on 9/11 this year. If you go to the site and contact him, he will send you a name. He obviously needs to get the word out, so if it's something you support, consider linking to it sometime soon. You can get all the info on 2996 here.

10 comments:

michele said...

Thanks for the plug!

Katrina said...

Thanks for all the great links - I look forward to checking them all out!

Kate said...

Thanks for all the useful links. I am on my way to check out blogging chicks now, but I will certainly be back to read your blog on a regular basis too.

Dianne said...

If you haven't tried it yet, Bloglines is an easy way to know when your favorite blogs have been updated, not to mention a very easy way to maintain your blogroll.

It's neat to see you jumping right into blogdom and hey - thanks for spelling my name right!

Code Yellow Mom said...

What a nice thing to say about me - thanks for the "link love!"

(I've been enjoying your blog, too, but haven't been totally good at commenting lately since my life is a little crazy.)

Glad to have another "chick" in blogtopia. I'm gonna have to check it out...

Laura said...

Thanks for the link to the 9/11 tribute blog!

Jen Robinson said...

Thanks so much for the link! And for your feedback on the 48 hour book challenge. It was a lot of fun! Maybe you'll want to play next year...

Jeannine said...

Thanks for the link and the nice words about my blog. :-)

I enjoy reading yours too.

Katherine@Raising Five said...

Thanks for all the links. I'll be checking them out!

Shelledpeas said...

Wow thanks!