Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Perspective

Marker on my fingers and my arms means I have been creating,
In and around my mouth--exploring all the marker is.
Scraped knees show that I like to run, even though I'm not very good at it.
Dirt under my fingernails means that I was getting up close with nature.
My finger points at all I find interesting.
A dried tear on my face--a reminder of my frustration when I don't get my way.
My smile shows my joy and easy forgiveness.
I shout, just to hear my voice.
Stains on my fingers prove that I enjoyed eating the berries.
The twinkle in my eye lets you know I'm planning my next move.

I am Two.


Pen marks on your legs reminds me that pens should not be left out.
The mud on your pants makes me think of Spray and Wash.
Your squeals alternately delight and frustrate me.
A new word or new song never fails to bring me joy.
Reading the same words each night is worth the joy that it brings you.
I remember that bugs and airplanes and trucks are fascinating.
I am thankful for washable markers.
Tears and screaming make it hard not to give in,
But tantrums remind me that I need to try my hardest not to.
The smile on your face helps me to do it day after day.

I'm a Toddler Mom.

4 comments:

Jeannine said...

I like that, and it is so true.

aggiejenn said...

Beautiful words and beautiful memories to cherish!

Michelle- This One's For The Girls said...

What a sweet poem. Perspective is a good thing, huh?

Anonymous said...

That is awesome!!! I'm so impressed!!