Tuesday, July 25, 2006

I Have Categories!

To quote the Little Einsteins, "Mission Completion!" I feel so empowered, and so blog savvy. It was a good bit of work, but I'm glad that they are there. So, if you haven't been visiting my blog long, or you want to take a stroll down memory lane, hop over to the sidebar and check them out.

Oh, and it's official--I'm a Mommy blog. A whopping 39 posts are in the Family and Motherhood category, although a fair number of those are me analyzing my role as mom, or other just sort of general info about who we are and how we got that way.

The second most entries occur in Walking in Faith, at 21. These entries very much reflect who I am and where God has taken or is taking me.

Digressing has 13 posts. I hadn't originally included an uncategorized category (now there's a misnomer), because I figured if it didn't fit somewhere, it didn't bear repeating. But there's a little mismash in there on TV, thoughts about myself (that didn't fall into the role of Mom) and some other random thoughts.

Blogging about Blogging comes in close behind at 12, and it seems like lately I've been writing even more about blogging.

Like Blogging, my Love of Books has been trending upwards. Only nine entries, but most of those have been in the last few weeks, and I'm pretty sure that there are many more to come.

Tips and Advice
are things that I shared for Works for Me Wednesday, or other bits of family or general advice.

Most topics only fell into one category, but some did overlap (a definite spiritual application to a definite parenting issue would appear in both categories). I did not make a favorites category, but instead I used a mark of ** in the listings to denote my favorite posts or ones that you seemed to like, or ones that just seemed representative of who I am and what I have to say here.

4 comments:

Laura said...

This was a great idea for bloggers! If I don't switch over to a different service someday soon and I get some time, I may just do this to mine! Though I always hated filing. I could name one thing a million different ways so filing frustrated me. :) I'll take cues from yours though!

And I tend to quote Little Einsteins more than I would like. :)

Dianne said...

Good work, Jennifer. I have over 250 posts so I can't see me doing this anytime soon, although it's always bothered me not to be able to categorize my posts. I guess I could just start now but it would be in the back of my mind - all these uncategorized ones. You'll be glad you've started this now.

Happy0303 said...

Congrats on the categories! I know it's not the easiest thing to do in Blogger.

My daughter loves Little Einsteins!

Michelle- This One's For The Girls said...

I love categories. I never could figure it out on blogger--but I just created mine on Typepad tonight. I love it!