Assignment: Name three things about each of your kids.
Amanda (7, 3rd grade)--
- She really does like to read. I've said it before, but I'll say it again. When she was bringing home her stuff at the end of school last year, there was a self portrait. It also said, "read lots of books and make lots of friends." It was her wishes for 2nd grade. It came true! She has her first "best friend" that she met in school this year, and she hasn't stopped reading yet.
- She is very confident. She thinks that she is good at everything. She is proud of her writing (which is clever), her soccer playing (which is quite average), and her other abilities.
- She is a wonderful big sister. Kyle thinks that she is so funny, and she also takes pride in "taking care of him," for me. I have been surprised that since she is a good bit older than he is, that I have another partner watching him grow and taking pride. You know how you can always share those cute sayings and new achievements with your spouse? Well, Amanda is just as interested, and even tells me things that he's done or says, "He's so smart!"
Kyle (26 months)--
- He repeats words and phrases from songs, TV shows, and games (for example, his My Little Leappad Jay Jay book--including sound effects; and the opening songs and dialogue of Elmo's World and Little Einsteins, and even wordy songs on the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang soundtrack).
- He is very sweet and affectionate. He will often come up and grab me, "Mommy, 'ug," and if there are others around, he will spread the love, "Pops, 'ug," etcetera. When we were entertaining some of my husband's coworkers earlier this summer, he went around the whole group sitting on the deck dispensing hugs in this way, to about 7 people, including several young childless males.
- He's funny! He really likes attention and will often do something because he knows you are watching. When he was only seven months old, he had a "hot face." If he was having a bite of table food and it was a little warm, or getting into a bath a little warm, he put his hands in front, fingers splayed, and opened his mouth into an "O" and shook. We were quite amused. Once he saw that it solicited this type of reaction, each time he took a first bite, he gave us the "hot face."
I'm going to tag a couple of big family mommas--make them work for their suppers. Seriously, even though they write a lot about family, I would love some specifics about each little family member to get to know them better. So, if you "do" memes, I tag Katherine and Michelle and Jeannine. I'm also tagging Katrina, but if she wants to dodge me like I did her, then we are even. If you don't do memes, or don't want to do this one, that's okay. If you also want to do it, you are tagged. Let us know you did it in the comments.