Sunday, August 06, 2006

Blogging and Vacationing

The carnival of the Blogging Chicks, "What I love about blogging" edition is up over the BC Blog. If you like reading about blogging as much as you like blogging, check out what everyone else has to say on this topic.

Also, if you haven't weighed in on which glasses you think I should buy, go ahead and click over and be heard! And this is the last time I am mentioning it, I promise.

We are leaving for the beach for three days, but we have WIFI!! I'm so happy. Since we are also bringing a toddler, my husband or I will have to be nearby (in the room or on the balcony) if he is able to nap, and when he goes to bed. I have a feeling that the "short straw" will be the pool or beach with Amanda. I'm sure we'll switch off some.

Generally I get this bit of anxiety before we leave for vacation. Do I have everything packed? Will we be able to leave on time? Do I have snacks and everything that we need for the car? Will everything fit in the car? It usually disappears as soon as we hit the road, but this time I felt none last night when we were packing up, and none this morning when I awoke. However, we have another problem. Amanda's actually feeling sick at the moment. She had fever last night, and appears to have it this morning as well. The good thing is that it's one of those weird fever things with no other symptoms, so I think that as long as I keep her medicated, that she will be okay. However, please pray for us, and for her quick healing of these symptoms, so that she can fully her enjoy her long-anticipated trip to the beach.

5 comments:

PEZmama said...

Keeping you all in prayer. Have a great time.

Katrina said...

Hope Amanda feels better. Have fun!

Dianne said...

Have a fun relaxing trip.

Tammy said...

I will say a prayer for you guys and for Amanda. Aren't those weird no-symptom fever things annoying? (But I'm always glad, of course, there ISN'T more symptoms!)

Have a fun time!

Happy0303 said...

Hope you guys have a great time. Remember to take lots of pictures! Hope Amanda is feeling better for the road trip.