Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Photo Screensaver


This may be one of those, "yeah, we know that" kind of Works for Me Wednesday entries, but here it goes anyway.

As I was uploading digital pics one day, I thought that there must be some way to be able to use the pictures, to see them on a rotating basis. I should be able to use them as a screensaver. I went to START/Control Panel/Display. Then clicked on the screensaver tab, and one of the options there is My Pictures slideshow. If you save your pictures in the My Pictures folder, you'll be all set. So, now when I'm not working at the computer, I can look up and I might see this blast from the past:


or this cute grin



or this girl who is growing up so fast.



You can use a photo on your desktop, too, by following those same steps, and going to desktop instead of screensaver and adding and selecting the picture that you want to feature, but there's an even easier way that perhaps you didn't know. Just open your photo folder, right click on the photo that you want, and click, "Set as Desktop background." I should probably change more often, but I have had this beautiful picture that I took almost a year and a half ago on my desktop all this time.

If this tip was dumb and useless, just click on over to Rocks in my Dryer for more helpful hints.

7 comments:

Laura said...

I didn't know about the slideshow screensaver option - that's great! I'm all set up now to see pics of my kids! Thanks for the tip!

Heather said...

This is one of our family's favorite things to watch at birthday parties and holidays! They also make digital photo frames that you can put your memory card into and it will show all of the pics on the card.

lady laura said...

I do this too, Jennifer. It was my son who actually discovered how to do it :)

Chris said...

Our pictures scroll across the screen when we are not on the computer and often times we just sit and watch.
It is great and makes me smile when I see how my children have grown.

Kim said...

My girls love this feature of the computer. They thinks it's so cool to be scrolling by. Kids love to feel special. Great idea to post this for everyone. Many people don't realize all the fun stuff your computer can do. Have a super day.

Katrina said...

Absolutely NOT dumb and useless! While I admit to knowing about these options, I haven't taken the time to do them - so you inspired me to set a new desktop of my boys.

Love all the pictures you shared, too!

Mom2fur said...

I never knew you could do this! Thanks, what a great idea!
Your pictures, btw, are adorable!