Have you been shopping?
If I took my cue from the retailers, I would indeed realize that not only is Christmas coming, but I should begin the backward count: Only ___ shopping days until Christmas. And it seems that I am being suckered in. At Toys R Us in Times Square, they are already in full Christmas mode, with demos going on all over the store convincing us, "Buy this! This is cool! Only available at this store!"
Here are some of the specials going on right now, but that expire soon (and I am pleading the fifth as to which of these I've taken advantage of):
- Amazon.com is kicking off their weekly special deal. Go to their home page and vote each week on which special you want most (I picked the toys and Amazon Prime for $40. If you don't care for any of them, please vote for that one for me!). Then, each Thursday, the great deal is made available until they sell out. They also have a great offer on toys and games that expires today, November 16. It's a great deal, but read the fine print as to what does and does not qualify.
- K-B Toys has some great early-bird prices, but only until November 18
- Toys R Us also has some excellent prices on some popular holiday items, as well as free shipping on $50 orders online, but only through November 22. I just got an email that also says automatic savings of $30 off any order of $150, also by November 22.
- stocking stuffers (I really cannot resist their dollar spot area, even though some things are creeping up to the $2.50 price point)
- two kinds of wrapping paper, because I want to begin using Katrina's idea this week
- some cute ornaments and garlands for Amanda's tree, which will be bigger this year, because instead of the 18 inch table top tree she has had in years past, she will have the 4 foot Scrooge tree that I bought last year when I decided that we didn't need to have a "real" tree. (I am not feeling Scroogey this year, but I'm not sure what made me feel that way last year. However, it is way cool, with fiberoptic lights and everything, so Amanda is benefiting from that bit of Yule craziness).
- two of their holiday tees for Amanda (which she will get now, because she needs some clothes, and at "only" $5.00, it was a bargain.