Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Mind- Numbing Goodness

Wake me up before you go go. . . .

Sister Christian (motoring? what's your price for flight?)

Love is a Battlefield

Take on Me

Burning Down the House

Too Shy (Kajagoogoo anyone?)

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

I had a bad afternoon, but now, due to some mind-numbing VH1, things are looking up. Yes, I'm watching the 100 Greatest Songs of the 80's. I have to say that for someone who recently recommended Watching Less TV, yes I do have my weaknesses. Silly VH1 shows (in the vein of I Love the 80's) are good for lots of grins. Combine the snarky comments from has beens (I will say that Terry and I agree that Deborah aka "Debbie" Gibson, is looking very good these days) with awesome 80's videos, and what's not worth smiling about?

I spent this morning in the doctor's office, then home to prepare a meal for a family in our church, then I tried to combine some errands with delivering the meal, and getting lost on Connecticut country roads in the dark at 5:00pm. . . . Tried to post my organization challenge pictures all day, and dumb blogger wouldn't cooperate. Still isn't, so still no post. . . . See, I was almost all done in, until my husband surfed by VH1, and now all is well.

I dare you not to smile or sing along when you hear "Our lips are sealed." And by the way, I don't care what they call it--80's music can be vintage, retro, but let's not call it oldies, okay? Gotta go. . . we're holding out for some Duran Duran.

8 comments:

Big Mama said...

I've been watching the 80's songs on VH-1 and loving it. It brings back so many fun memories!

Gina said...

If you love 80's songs, then you'll love Tricia Goyers new parenting book called Generation NeXt Parenting!

Tammy said...

OK...I hate to be a party-pooper, but I didn't like much of the 80's when I was in it.
My husband, on the other hand, loves some of it and occasionally, when he's working on the car, has an old radio cranked up to the 80's station.

Ok...I liked Abba. And a few others out there, too.

But as for that what's his name...I always wanted to just tell him to go-go and that he was indeed, a yo-yo.

(Fun post, though!) :)

Jane said...

LOL, yes, I remember all these songs!! and i even think I saw that very programme.....Debbie, Tiffany....

Katrina said...

Oh, I'm so sorry you had a rough day.

But those songs made me smile! And I have to admit, I usually listen to 80s songs when I pay the bills - it keeps my mind off the misery! :)

I'm glad you're feeling better.

zingtrial said...

Hope you are feeling better.songs they remined me of places.Thanks for sharing
Wish you well

Lindsey @ enjoythejourney said...

OHHHHHHH I love the 80's!!! Make sure you pronounce it correctly

D'ran D'ran....LOL

Karla said...

I, too, was watching the Top 100 songs of the 80's on VH1. LOVED IT! Next Tuesday I am actually going to see Def Leppard and Journey in concert! :o)