Thursday, November 16, 2006

Prac-tic-ally Perfect

We gave my daughter an early Christmas present last night. We took her to Broadway to see Mary Poppins. Oh, my was it good! On the way out, Amanda said, "Oh it was great. Sometimes I just don't know what to say." She was speechless. If you know my Amanda, this is surprising.

You do know me, and it would probably surprise you that at this point, I feel sort of the same way.

More details are coming, very soon, but my little girl is still sleeping (at 8:45, since we got home after 1:00am). Her school doesn't start until 9:10, so she will be a little late, but not more than half an hour or so.

So, as a preview for you, please go to the official site, and watch the Broadway sneak peek video. Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious is a marvel and will leave you with a smile.

9 comments:

org junkie said...

Oh how fantastic! I would love to take my daughter to something like that....what a great memory for your daughter that she will have forever!!! Very special!

Lori said...

Ohhhh - you and Amanda are SO lucky to live so close to see Mary Poppins! It sounds like it was a wonderful night for you two. I saw a song performance of it on a morning show recently and it looked amazing. What a great, early Christmas present.

Susanne said...

I would looooove to see Mary Poppins on Broadway. It was one of my fave movies as a child and my kids grew up watching the video. How cool for your girl to get to see it live!

Jennifer said...

I don't know if the "traveling Broadway" stuff usually comes to your areas, but I know that this one will go on tour, and it will be a must see. Of course, I'm sure it will be over a year before that happens, but if it does, buy tickets--no matter the price.

Katrina said...

Aw... To render both of you speechless, it must have been such a wonderful excursion! What a fantastic mother/daughter getaway.

Gina said...

How wonderful! I remember my first Broadway show when I was about 10. Of course, it was Annie.

My town has an awesome traveling Broadway show for half the price of a NY ticket. We've seen shows on and off over the years and I've always wanted season passes. Well, hubby finally gave in and got me season passes for my birthday! Our first "Broadway" show is this Sunday. He's even got the babysitter lined up!

Anonymous said...

Jenn,
I was captivated just by watching the video! Alyssa just said out of the blue a couple of days ago "Mom, I really miss Amanda!". Then she told me how much she wanted to come visit you guys. I do to of course and it would be great to take the girls to Broadway!!!
Miss you!

Katherine@Raising Five said...

Speechless, how cute! I would so love to go! We'd be a bit more than an hour late to school however. Maybe the Nutcracker, instead?

Anonymous said...

What a cool treat for Amanda. My gram took us to a lot of musicals growing up. We'd get dressed up and go downtown and feel so special. A few years before she died, I took her to see the Nutcracker. We were all decked out and I bought the best tickets in the place. Looked over part way through, expecting to see pure delight on her face. She was snoring! Still a great memory, as I'm sure MP will be for Amanda.