Thursday, December 14, 2006

Still the Same Old Me

This is only of interest to fellow Blogspot users out there, but I've officially made the big switch to "beta" (which I think is not really in beta status anymore). It was so simple. No problems at all, even with my custom template. Just wanted to share the knowledge. . . . I resisted, and there was no reason to worry. I think that there are a lot fewer problems with publishing etc. I'm not sure about picture uploading. That remains to be seen.

Also, for those of you who haven't switched and are having trouble commenting on those that have switched, just go ahead and set up a google account (that's an option on the comment screen). You'll have to do it anyway when you switch over. I had done that yesterday just so that I could comment, after not being able to comment for a couple of days.

5 comments:

orgjunkie said...

I just set up a google account today too but so far have resisted changing....I'm too chicken :) Keep us posted as to how the picture uploading works for you.

Laura

Susanne said...

I tried to switch today and after bugging me constantly to switch when I finally hit the okay button it rejected me. What's up with that?

Dianne said...

I switched back in October, and except for the problems posting comments, have experienced no issues. In fact, I think the beta version performs better - rarely any problems publishing or uploading pictures. And I'm liking the label feature too.

Jane said...

I switched back in the summer and love the beta version, there are so many more options! Glad it went smoothly for you.

At A Hen's Pace said...

Thanks for the info and the reassurance! I've been nervous to try with my custom template too, though things went just fine with my writing class's blog, and I've noticed it does work more smoothly--no need to refresh to see changes, for example. So glad to hear you had no problems!