Thursday, January 25, 2007

9.4 Things

Katrina at Callapidder Days wrote today that the average mom thinks about about 9.4 things in any 5 minute period. I thought it was sort of interesting, so I thought I'd write it up for a quick blog post:

  1. How am I going to keep track of the five minutes? grabbing notepad and checking watch.
  2. Are the boys okay? I'm babysitting and I always worry more about other people's children than my own.
  3. I hope the babysitter doesn't think that she's supposed to come tonight. She's supposed to come tomorrow, but the conversation yesterday left me wondering if that was communicated clearly enough.
  4. I wonder if my other babysitter can come next week?
  5. I wonder if I'll find a purse I like and actually bring myself to spend the money on it. (The babysitter for next week is to arrange a potential outing with my handbag expert friend).
  6. The boys sure are having fun. Fun = Mess
  7. How should I respond to this email I just got?
  8. Where's Kyle's other shoe?
  9. Oh no--he took the train track apart. I often think that I need a degree in civil engineering to help with the train interest.
  10. Where did Daniel go?


Seriously--wrote that last one down, looked at the watch, and it had been five minutes.

How many things do you think of in five minutes?

9 comments:

Rebecca said...

And it always amazes me that guys aren't like that.

Me: what are you thinking? (Not wanting to interrupt his thoughts, of course.)

Him: nothing.

Oh yeah.

lol

Kim said...

That's really funny. I'll have to try it out in a bit.

Lori said...

Isn't that what we mothers call "multi-tasking?!"

I could think of possibly 20 things in 5 minutes some days and nothing at all on those other days.

Beck said...

I'm frightened to even think of what my thoughts would be over a five minute period! I need a new purse, too - let me know if you find a good one.

Katrina said...

I had to laugh at "I always worry more about other people's children than my own" - me too! I also got a kick out of Rebecca's comment since my husband is the same way, and I do the same thing with not wanting to interrupt his thoughts.

org junkie said...

I absolutely love this. I like seeing what is going on in people's heads. I mentioned today in my post that my purse consists of a wallet on a string but I do love me a nice bag for bigger outings where I have more to carry (like the library).

Have fun shopping with your friend, sounds like fun!!
Laura

Tammy said...

Oh, too funny...and too true! I'm going to have to try this out...

Men's brains aren't wired this way...my hubby gets flustered if he's on the phone and I try to ask a question related to his conversation or tell him something...two people talking at once and he's completely stressed.
Men are just as smart, but we are definately the multi-taskers! :)

MUISTO said...

Hehe - this might finally be a great explanation why I end up in the third floor of our company without remembering what I was supposed to pick up there :-)

It's not only "Mom-feature" but I guess it get's worse as soon as you have kids....

Jen Rouse said...

I, apparently, think of 13 things in 5 minutes. (I tried this out and put the results on my page).