Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Superheros

The Bible study that our women's group is doing at church is a little different this session. It's from a publisher of small groups, Serendipity House, and instead of it being an intensive at home study, it's mostly meant to be discussed together as a group. There are icebreakers at each meeting. For this week it was to fill in these blanks: "Disguised as a mild-mannered (your occupation), my secret identity known previously to no other mortal is (your favorite childhood superhero)."

Well, I have never been much of a superhero type, but growing up I did like the Incredible Hulk. The thought of him getting mad, turning green, and busting out of his clothes still gives me a bit of a giggle. The unsettling fact is that once I began to think of it, I decided that I may be a bit like that at home. A mild-mannered homemaker, getting fed up and short-tempered. Before I know it I am raging and heaving. I'm working on that.

You may have heard that our strengths magnified can become our biggest weaknesses. For example (and you will know that I am not talking about myself here), if you are compassionate and gentle, you will handle difficult situations with love and understanding. That's a good thing. However, to the extreme, you become a doormat and anyone can start playing their little violin and get you to do anything for them. If you are a natural administrator, (um, maybe I am talking about myself here), then you will be able to guide a group of people into action. To the extreme, you are a steamroller, making decisions willy-nilly as a dictator and squashing anyone else's attempts to contribute.

Being good at something is important. Knowing what we are good at, and using it, is equally important. What are your gifts? Have you ever crossed that line in causing them to become a weakness?

I saw this quiz back before Christmas (sorry, I don't remember where so I can't credit my source). It was fun.

Your results:
You are Spider-Man
























Spider-Man
75%
Supergirl
70%
Wonder Woman
65%
Green Lantern
65%
Superman
65%
Robin
60%
Iron Man
55%
Catwoman
50%
The Flash
50%
Hulk
45%
Batman
25%
You are intelligent, witty,
a bit geeky and have great
power and responsibility.


Click here to take the "Which Superhero am I?" quiz...


I wish I had been Batman, because I love the scene in Batman where Michael Keaton is saying, "I'm Batman. I'm Batman." I think he was psyching himself up to tell Nicole Kidman about it.

I especially think that Daniel (who always likes a blog mention) should take this quiz and leave me a comment about who he is. Dana too.

15 comments:

Katrina said...

Love the description of your Spiderman-ness - you ARE intelligent and witty, so it sounds like a good match. :) And you gave me a laugh, reminding me of the "I'm Batman" scene - I liked that, too!

Beck said...

Being Spiderman is cool. It turns out that I am Wonder Woman. So very, very true.
The Hulk WAS funny.

Dad said...

80% Spiderman
I, too, am intelligent, witty,
a bit geeky and have great
power and responsibility even though I have never worn a push up bra and I never physically fight with female friends.
"You get it honestly". Sorry for some of the traits.

Heather said...

Turns out that I'm spiderman, too, although I've always thought of myself to secretly be Wonder Woman (I was disappointed that I'm only 75% WW). And, no one has ever described me as mild-mannered.
One very fun thing I learned: there was a question on the quiz that asked if you are beautiful. Because of my husband, who honestly finds me beautiful and tells me so on a regular basis, I feel beautiful, something I never felt before him. I was able to answer that question positively.

eph2810 said...

Maybe I should turn into a 'Green Hulk' sometimes. Although I huff and puff at my guys, I never say anything. So, I feel like a doormat sometimes...
I will check out the test and let you know what the outcome is :)

Susanne said...

Oh bother, I'm Green Lantern, hot headed. *Sigh* I think God may be trying to tell me something.

eph2810 said...

I came up with Spiderman as well :)

Lauren S. said...

I am also a Spiderman, but as a child I dreamed of being Wonder Woman. I even had the Underoos (sp?) and spun around the house all day. That quiz was fun. Thanks!

Qtpies7 said...

I'm Superman. You are mild-mannered, good,
strong and you love to help others.
I do love to help others, but I have to work hard at the mild mannered part, hehe. I am strong, emotionally, too.

org junkie said...

Too funny! I was Wonder Woman...he he...hear me roar!

Dianne said...

Very funny. I agree with Katrina - Spiderman (one of my favs) seems to fit you! I was Superman - "mild-mannered, good,strong and you love to help others." Kinda boring, huh?

Jen Rouse said...

I am also Spiderman, which is very cool in my book.

janiswrites said...

Love the Hulk comment at the beginning. I think that I can turn that quickly sometimes. I am Superman on the quiz, though. Don't know why...it was fun! Blessings!

Pamela Tucker said...

I want to be CatWoman. Do I really need to take the quiz? I believe that I have incredible BLUE eyes,I am curious, slim, agile, if you stroke me right I purr, I am a finicky eater and Don't ever get in between me and my kids--I scratch and spit.

Have a great day everyone :)
Pamela

sarah said...

What the?!?

Despite stating unequivocally that I do NOT like wearing a cape, I got superman.