Saturday, February 10, 2007

The Two Become One


Click the banner to read Kathleen Marie's idea for linking to poetic, prosaic and artistic expression each Saturday (and to read her beautiful poem). The more I unlock my mind to writing, the more that thoughts sometimes come to me in the form of poetry, which I certainly don't normally publish. I appreciate Kathleen Marie providing this forum for us to publish (and view) others' work in this way.

This is just a little thought that came to me this week:

The Two Become One
Will you? Yes!
Consecrated, celebrated, officiated love
Who gives the bride? I do. . . .
'Til death do us part. . . Will you?

A shared home, a shared bed,
Shared joys, shared sorrows,
New places, new faces discovered together
Room for two in this shared home.

Changes come in these years
Growing up and growing older
New friends, new fights
Drawn closer still as changes come.

Two became three when the time felt right.
So many doubts until the day arrived
His eyes, her hair-- their child
The two are still one, but two became three.

7 comments:

groovyoldlady said...

Nice poem, Jennifer! Mulletman and I have been married for almost 25 years and our two turned to six plus kids-in-law and grandchildren.

And the love goes on!

PEA said...

That truly is beautiful and very touching. My oldest son is getting married in April so it made me think of him and the new life he is beginning:-) Hugs xox

Kathleen Marie said...

Jennifer, this is wonderful, so soft and romantic and very truthful.

I think their is often so much truth in poetry.

Thank you for sharing in The Open Window. I am THRILLED with the first days response!

Hugs!

Tammy said...

This is so tender and sweet, Jennifer. I think you should frame it for your home, or gift it to your husband for Valentine's Day. :)

Lori said...

This is really beautiful Jennifer... YOU are a great writer. Thank you for your compliment also - I really appreciate you so much.

Katrina said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful poem Jennifer!!!! I'm quite impressed!!
Love, Danielle