Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Happy Bloggiversary to Me


When Amanda was one, I sent out an invitation to my neighbors inviting them to a backyard barbecue, in honor of them for helping us make it to that point. That's how I feel about making one year in the blogosphere as well. There are many blogs that come and go, but passing that one year mark is something. I would never have done it without the great blogging community who encourage me as I read their blogs and who encourage me with comments about how my little words have affected them--it's been a privilege.

I would like to invite you on a little walk down Snapshot memory lane. Only one person knew about my blog at first. But then one day, one of the two of us who knew about her blog commented on my blog, so now I had two readers! I posted only a couple of times in April, but by the end of May, I was posting regularly several times each week, and by June, I was hooked for sure and getting more readers by participating in carnivals and Works for Me Wednesday. After opening back up to writing, I was very surprised at the sentimentality that flowed out of my typically no-nonsense real life persona.

Here are a few of my favorite posts from those first few months. It's not as good as a backyard barbecue and cake, but I offer them to you anyway. Thank you so much for coming.

Amanda (my first real post, after the "hello I have a blog" post)
When am I Going to Learn?
Homeraising Mom
The Awkward Years
Settling for Second Best
Perspective
What a Friend We Have
How Do I Look?
Weeds

22 comments:

Kelly said...

Happy Bloggiversary to one of my favorites bloggers! I enjoyed the links--I identify with much of what you write.

Be encouraged in your continued writing endeavors! God has blessed you with talent in this area, and an outlet (blogging) at this home-focused time in life.

org junkie said...

Congratulations Jennifer! I have enjoyed reading your blog very much. I appreciate your honesty and sincerity. Thanks for the links...that is a great idea!

Laura

Susanne said...

Happy Blogiversary to you!

~Melissa~ said...

Happy Bloggiversary! I've really enjoyed your blog, and it was fun looking back at your past posts.

Laurel Wreath said...

Happy Blogiversary friend!!!

Dianne said...

Wow, has it been that long already? Big congrats Jenn. It's been fun watching you develop as a writer.

Lauren S. said...

Happy Blogiversary!

Appliejuice said...

Happy Bloggiversary! I have enjoyed your blog.

Beck said...

What a great anniversary! I wish you were throwing a real barbecue - the weather is lovely for it. Here's hoping you have many more years of happy blogging!

At A Hen's Pace said...

Congratulations! As you say, blogs come and go, so this is a significant milestone... Time to par-tay!

Jeanne

Cheri said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I love finding new reads in the blogsphere. I have had the Andrew Murray book for years, and have read it in bits and pieces before. I like it because it's written in short chapters so you can use it almost like a devotional KWIM, reading a chapter a day.

nina said...

Happy Bloggiversary. I enjoy coming over here to read every once in a while. You taught me a great lesson about having a few close blogs and a list of those you visit every week or so. Very good idea. I always welcome your visit. :) I just read your Homeraising Mom post. I like the description. I need to keep my "oh my God's" in check.

Andrea said...

Jennifer--
what fun it has been learning more about you through these wonderful posts you gave us. I am really eager to join you in reading this second year. I just celebrated my Blogiversary in March--
Happy One Year!!

Bookfool said...

Happy Blogiversary, Jennifer!

Kathleen aka Coffee Mom said...

Happy Blogiversary!
I enjoyed reading your older posts :-)

Jen Robinson said...

Happy Blogiversary! I'm so happy to know you.

Stephanie said...

Congrats on your blogiversary - it sure is fun!
Stephanie
www.thewrittenword.wordpress.com

Lisa writes... said...

Happy bloggiversary! New to your blog, so I hate that I missed out on a whole year of posts! Thanks for posting some of the early stuff--you have some great posts!

Here's to another year...and beyond!
Blessings,
Lisa

HipWriterMama said...

Happy Blogoversary! May there be many more!

Katrina said...

Happy Bloggiversary!! I'm so glad that you started a blog -- it's been wonderful to dive into this bloggy world together! Love the posts you picked to showcase your "early days." Weeds and Homeraising Mom were two of my favorites.

Pleasant View Family said...

I'm so glad you're celebrating - celebrating is way under-rated in our culture! I just celebrated my 100th post, and I was glowing with giddy pride. Congrats to you!

ann at mommysecrets.blogspot.com

Katherine@Raising Five said...

Happy Blogiversary! It was fun getting to read some of your "old" stuff - makes so much more sense and means even more now that I know you more. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us, Jennifer. What a blessing you are.