Tuesday, April 17, 2007

By the Letters

I just thought that I'd give a little update. I do not have the mental energy to compose the normal lofty writing that you normally get here at Snapshot (it's jsst too bad that one cannot convey sarcasm over the www).

You must understand that the fact that we do not have Sonic in Connecticut is really a sad thing for us. So, we had lunch there. We also made the requisite stop at Half Price Books, which we are also lacking in Connecticut. And, in other food news, we enjoyed a delicious peach cobbler, that Terry's grandfather always makes for us.

In some other really exciting news, I think that we are actually potty training here. With Kyle's third birthday just over a month away , and dry periods stretching longer and longer, I decided that it was time to take the plunge (again). I am being very low-key about it (which is a bit surprising. In spite of the fact that I am laid back by nature, I'm also a bit of a control freak in some situations). He's wearing diapers, but we are changing them as soon as they get wet. We are about 50/50 on the potty, so that's not half bad.

I did not quite give myself the credit that I deserve. Verily, I have used each letter, from A to Z at least once in this uninspired post.

14 comments:

Heather said...

I'm glad you told me what you were doing cuz I was busy trying to spell out different words for some hidden meaning.

org junkie said...

LOL! I was trying to piece the letters together too, I thought for sure it was a hidden message...he he.

I am so not looking forward to potty training again...ugg!

Laura

Katrina said...

I am very impressed that you used all the letters - very clever and creative!

And I am also highly impressed that you are pursuing potty training while away from home. I think you deserve some kind of award for that. Oh, I know! How about, you get to potty train Logan when he's older? I'll send him up to CT for a few weeks, and you send him back when the job is done. Deal?

Beck said...

Now I feel dumb. That's very funny!

Jen Rouse said...

Hey, I think that's clever, not uninspired!

Way to go on the potty training. I've been so obsessed (and yet so unsuccessful) with potty training lately that my husband gently suggested it might be better for Beth and I if we took a little break for awhile. Does he willingly go No. 2 on the potty? That's the hurdle Beth just cannot seem to get over.

Dianne said...

Very clever!! I too wondered where you were going with this post!

Granny said...

NO SONIC? NO HALF PRICE BOOKS? Well now I can feel as though Texas is downright civilized ;-)

Jennifer said...

Y'all are one step ahead of me.

Jen--I think your daughter is younger than my son. When my daughter was just 2, we tried, and drove each other crazy. I took a break and tried 3 months later and it was much better. As far as poop, no, we aren't that far. With my daughter, she always went right as she was waking up from her nap, so she wore pullups a while at naptime, and that was okay with me. Try to relax about it (I know--easier said than done, as I am also in the midst of it!).

Deena said...

Oooohhh, you are the QUEEN...

and I'm just the court jester:-)

Susanne said...

I would hardly call that uninspired. That was pretty darn inspired if you ask me.

Janice (5 Minutes for Mom) said...

I am so tire d- it is 1:30 am and I was so confused about the letters!!! LOL Too funny!

Good luck with thte potty training. We went to Hawaii with Jackson just after he turned three. I didn't want to deal with airplane bathrooms, so I though I would deal with it when we got back. But he took matters in to his own hands and "trained" himself!! Too funny! It was a breeze that way. (He is so strong willed it had to be on his timetable anyway.) If I weren't so tired I would tell you the story of us in line at customs but I am lsoign typing abiltites must go to sleep....

Rachelle said...

You're more inspired than you knew! Musta been the Sonic burgers.

Lori said...

I couldn't live without my almost daily Large Sonic Diet Coke. They have the best ice. Yes, I know - that's weird. But I LOVE their diet cokes - they are the best! Happy to hear you are having such a fun trip.

Anonymous said...

I feel your Sonic pain!! I actually danced with joy when I learned we have a new mexican restaurant (Taco Bell does NOT count) near us. I'm counting down the days until our trip to Arkansas when I can have Sonic and fried catfish (not at the same place, of course).

Stephanie in Rhode Island