Saturday, April 14, 2007

By the Numbers

Eight days in Texas:

Four very easy hours on the plane, courtesy of JetBlue airlines and the DirectTV feed in each seat which allowed mom and dad to read, write, and relax.

Three
suitcases retrieved at baggage claim. One bag delivered eighteen hours later.

By day two: ten family members hugged, one Tex-Mex meal enjoyed with seven friends, one Sonic slush sipped, three scoops of Blue Bell ice cream consumed.

Six days to go with much more hugging, eating, and driving planned.

9 comments:

Susanne said...

Sounds great!

Big Mama said...

I can't believe you're in Texas. I wish I didn't have such a crazy week ahead or I'd drive that way to say hello!

org junkie said...

Have a wonderful time!!!

Laura

Lauren S. said...

Have a great trip! Glad you did get your luggage even if it was late!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the warm weather! Here in Rhode Island it's cold and dreary. I'm headed to Arkansas in 3 weeks to see family, Sonic Vanilla Dr. Pepper Route 44 is on my list of must-haves. = )

Stephanie in Rhode Island

Jen Robinson said...

Enjoy your visit, Jennifer. I love JetBlue. Definitely the right way to start a trip!

Heather said...

One trip...priceless.
Mmm, Tex-Mex sounds good. I think I'll go make a mid-morning burrito.

Katrina said...

Sorry about the bag -- I hate when that happens. But hopefully the DirecTV feed, ice cream, and Sonic slush helped to drown out the inconvenience of a lost bag. :) Have a great time!

Blessed Beyond Measure said...

We never go to Texas without a trip to Sonic and Rosa's - can't miss either. I wish we had both here in the northeast.