Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Let the Negotiating Begin


"Candy, I want candy," Kyle said as he found the package of Tic Tacs in the junk drawer in my bedroom dresser (yes, I have a junk drawer in my bedroom--two actually--and yes, I have candy in it). He brought them to me, and as I opened it and told him that he could have some, he said exactly what I knew he was going to say, "Want to hold it. Gimme the box."

"You can have three," I instructed him.

"Four. I want four." He's not even three years old yet. The fact that he knows that four is more than three is pretty good, but what does it mean that he knows how to negotiate??

12 comments:

Appliejuice said...

Three is more than four? LOL

I think Negotiating begins when they are born. :D

angeleyes Blue said...

Wait just wait. The negotiating has just begun :) Mom can I have the car keys? Well...I just want to go pick up my sister from school and stop by the store. Well...I will bring you home something for dessert tonight?!

Well...

Jennifer said...

Oops--editing to correct my typo that appliejuice pointed out. . . .

stephanie said...

That sounds so familiar ... after I told my 3 year old yesterday that she could have 2 animal crackers while waiting for the Dr., she informed me that she wanted 11! She shoots high! :)

org junkie said...

It means you are in trouble...lol...and how do you resist that cute face? What a sweetheart, give that boy whatever he wants...he he.

Laura

Code Yellow Mom said...

He is sharp! You're going to have to be on your toes! :)

Katrina said...

Oh my goodness, Jennifer, he is getting so big/old! And I love the negotiating -- but yes, you're in trouble.

Big Mama said...

Oh, you're in trouble. And maybe raising a future attorney. :-)

Beck said...

Ha! He's a smarty.

Judi said...

Boy are you in trouble! I came over from Baseballs and Bows. I have an 8 year old daughter and a 15 month old son!!!

Kelly said...

With a face like that, you don't stand a chance!

Susanne said...

They are just like little lawyers at that age. Where do they learn that?