Friday, May 11, 2007

Funny Begats Funny

One of the parenting kernels of wisdom that I picked up when my kids were small was that "sleep begets sleep." What that meant was that if your baby is sleeping well, often, and regularly, that he/she will sleep more. The whole "keep her up late, so that she'll sleep later in the morning" philosophy is not so successful, until they get to be teenagers, that is.

I think that funny begets funny as well. You know how you sort of play off the strengths of the friends whom you are with? I have a couple of girlfriends who really make me laugh. And in turn, I make them laugh. One of them is coming over tonight. Our husbands are going to be at the monthly men's Bible study our church has recently started and we are going to watch My Big Fat Greek Wedding (which you must see if you haven't already) and eat salad. And maybe popcorn. And definitely some Hershey's Truffle Kisses, a delicious limited edition flavor (which you must eat if you haven't already).

Anyway, I can guarantee that we'll laugh--at the movie and at each other. I don't know if it's really that funny begets funny or if it's similar to the fact that competing against a worthy contender steps up your athletic prowess (not that I would know anything about that). The end result is lots of laughs, which equals a really good time, at least for me.

9 comments:

Sarah said...

yea! have fun!

Heather said...

i think you're on to something here-i'm definitely funnier when i'm with funny people, or at least people who laugh at me.

AnnaLiza said...

i agree!! have loads of fun!
happy mother's day!

Lindsey @ Enjoythejourney said...

That is one of my all time favorite movies!!! :) Enjoy the time together.

Happy Mother's Day!

Susanne said...

Love that movie! Have a wonderful fun time!

Appliejuice said...

I hope you had a great time with your friends. Being with funny friends does a heart good. :D

Carrie said...

LOVE friends like that! Hope you had an enjoyable evening.

(And yes - seems like when my 6 mo. old sleeps well, he sleeps more. NICE.)

org junkie said...

Ahhh, a girls night in! How fun, I just did this myself only a couple of weekends ago. Hope you had a great time :)

Laura

Emily said...

I think reading begets reading also. And eating begets eating.
Fun post!