Saturday, May 12, 2007

Have I Mentioned I Love Book Bargains??

I have mentioned a favorite little overstock bookstore that I frequent. Well, ever since my self-imposed book buying freeze back in March, I've tried not to be such a frequent visitor. I used to go after Bible study at least two Tuesdays a month, because it's right down the street from my church, but it's been a while since I've been in, because whether I "need" a book or not, I can't resist buying any hardback in the store for $4, or any paperback for $3, or finding even better deals on the dollar cart in the back of the store. . . . Well, I am on the email list, and I found out that they were having a huge $1 sale--not the slow-to-sell books that are usually there, but brand new, popular books!

Amanda and I went after her soccer game. Oh, it was fun. This is what I came home with:




Several are gifts or things that I can surprise people with, but all but about 4 of them were only a dollar. ALL of these books cost $30! Because they are remainders, occasionally the cover has been cut (probably by the box cutters), or there's a place on the back where the sticker ripped the cover (on the Judy Moody book), or it has some sort of a mark. Sometimes they are perfect.

I did just clean out my library, and managed to find 7 or 8 books that I could give away, but maybe I'll have to see what else I can manage.

7 comments:

org junkie said...

Wow I am so jealous...there has never been any such sale around here. That just blows me away. And of course I love that you are taking books out in exchange for the books coming in. Awesome!!

Have a glorious Mother's Day!
Laura

Lauren S. said...

Wow! That was a deal! I am sure you were so excited. I would have been too!

Dianne said...

Ooh you did well! I love a book bargain too. I see you got stuff for the kids too so that makes it all worthwhile!

Katrina said...

Oh my goodness -- what a fantastic haul! Power of a Positive Mom has been on my shelf for years but I haven't read it yet... but I could probably be convinced to read and discuss it with someone. :)

Lindsey @ Enjoythejourney said...

I think you'll like Power of a Positive Mom. I read it a few years back and it was good! :)

Enjoy!!! I love a good deal on books.

Blessed Beyond Measure said...

I'm still on my book fast, but looks like you found some real gems. And for $30 - that's not much more than one hardback normally costs.

MUISTO said...

Wow, I love bookstores like that. It's really a treasure haunt. When I was a kid my Mom took me to stores like that and I loved spending my few bucks allowance there.