Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Make a Choice

I recently downloaded some Brandon Heath music at a friend's recommendation (if you click on his site link you can hear his great song "I'm Not Who I Was"). I've been thinking about his song, "You Decide:"
Everybody has to choose--sink or swim, win or lose.
Everybody gets it right--fight or flight,
So, will You decide?
Don't we choose every day? We choose to be selfish, or selfless. We choose to be lazy or to be industrious. We choose to be foolish or wise. We choose to trust or to doubt.

Sometimes we choose to complain. Sometimes we choose to seek the mind of God. What does whistling have to do with those choices? Please join me at Faithlifts today.

2 comments:

L.L. Barkat said...

Sometimes it feels like I don't choose. I just react in the moment, because I feel pressed, or stressed, tired, or disillusioned. I wonder if the choices are at a different level... preventative (choosing to get more sleep so I'm more patient, choosing to wash in the Word so I'm inspired and supported.)

Pleasant View Family said...

Tee-hee! Brandon Heath goes to our church. He is such a kind and authentic guy. And I LOVE the lyrics to his songs - they are always powerful and applicable to daily life.