Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Collected Wisdom

I am holding my tongue (or my fingers as the case may be), and not even commenting on any of these thoughts. If you enjoy them, click the link and read the whole post and let them know you enjoyed. I'm so glad to be able to come across nuggets of wisdom like these as I spend time fellowshipping in the WWW.


"I've learned that you can resurrect a shirt out of the dirty-clothes hamper (throw in dryer with dryer sheet for 10 min), but there's a good chance you can't resurrect a conversation with a teenager. You have to be there the first time around. And you can't really put off loving on your husband like you can put off cleaning out the fridge." Rachel Anne, Home Sanctuary



"I think being a parent was less poignant in the pre-photography era, when their growth was a slow progress from here to there, with no backwards stops, no souvenirs from some soft-faced baby time." Beck from Frog and Toad are Still Friends



From Jules at Everyday Mommy, in response to Chili's blogging meme:
4. Has the focus of your blog changed since you started blogging? How?

It’s gone from being just a family bulletin board to Tupperware for my brain.



"I’m even more grateful for yet another lesson in humility and how quickly these “I’ll nevers” are getting blown away, causing yet another dose of empathy and compassion to grow for the mothers around me." Laura, at Here and Now



On buying her first "old-lady" swimsuit:
"I'm at the age where many of my friends have declared, I don't wear bathing suits in public anymore. I hate to say that I've sort of scoffed at the attitude. My kids are young enough that I really need to join them in their summer activities." Rachelle at Seek First His Kingdom



"As parents, it is so easy to bend to the temptation of making the road smooth for our children. We do not want them to suffer pain. We want their lives to be easy and happy. It hurts us to see them hurting. Unfortunately, making things as smooth as possible for our children does not lead to their happiness as adults; it leads to adults who cannot cope with the realities of rules and responsibilities and adults who have no compassion for the needs of others." Lauren at Baseballs and Bows



"I don't know about you, but my mama taught me not to dilly-dally in the absolutes. You don't say things like never or always because you just don't know what the future might hold." Lindsey at Enjoy the Journey

6 comments:

Katrina said...

What a fantastic collection! There really are so many bloggers who put genuine, thought-provoking wisdom out there (or sentiments that just plain resonate with us all) -- someone should put them all together in a book. I'd read most of these, but you pointed out one or two that I had missed -- I'll be following up to read their context.

Beth@Sportsmomma said...

These are great! Love the first one! so very true- applies to children of all ages! and hubbies of all ages too!!

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

Thanks so much for compiling these! I missed several of these posts, so I will head over to these blogs to read them. Of course, thanks for including me. I have kind of felt like my brain has been mush lately. You caught me on my one good day! :)

Beck said...

Jennifer! I'm so flattered! Thanks for including me. I'll check out the other posters tomorrow morning!

Susanne said...

Thanks for sharing those Jennifer!

Katherine@Raising Five said...

Great job, Jennifer. I missed MOST of these. HOW you didn't say a WORD I will never know! Such self-control!