Tuesday, July 31, 2007

But What If It's Hard?

There are things that all of us know that we should be doing.

Some of them are short-term.

Some of them are life-long.

Some of them are a one-time thing.

But what if it is hard? I think of people who do what is hard everyday--not for fame or fortune, but because it's what they should do, and hopefully what they enjoy doing.

Moms weave the joy of seeing a child's first steps with the sorrow of seeing her fall, literally and figuratively over her lifetime.

Fire fighters, police officers, and those who serve our country at home and abroad wear a uniform that proves their desire to help, serve, and protect our country, knowing that with the pride of that uniform comes some personal risk each time they report for duty.

Medical professionals often reap a large salary, but must also sow seeds of despair in with the seeds of hope.

A wronged spouse who chooses to save the marriage must offer forgiveness each day. The spouse who has wronged must be able to accept that forgiveness.

The answer--
If it's hard, do not do it on your power. Trust Him who has all the power.
. . .being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. Philippians 1:6

And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:7

Inspired by "What Soldiers Do" from Monk and Neagle's 21st Time CD, releasing September 18:

I know it's hard to see me cry, but but your mind at ease.
God is watching over us, so we can be at peace.

I've been listening, and it really is good. Listen to five songs here. Preorder an autographed copy and check out their fall concert tour (opening for MercyMe and Aaron Shust).

4 comments:

Lindsey @ Enjoythejourney said...

Well, I need this today. I just sat down with Cleo's math curriculum and even though I'm a former teacher with a college level degree in math, I am nervous about multiplication tables. I said "I can't do this" about 1,000 times this morning alone.

Thanks for raining on my pity party :)

Tea Party Girl said...

Hi Jennifer,

I just wrote, "It is hard" in a blog entry where I answer the questions you had last week about guest lists. You'll want to check it out~

I love that you love to read and promote it so well...

Katrina said...

Good thoughts. I'm enjoying this CD as well, and cried the first time I sat down and really listened to that song.

Heather said...

Poignant. I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me.