Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Not-So-Wordless Wednesday

I've never participated in Wordless Wednesday, because I'm not.

Wordless, that is.

My computer screensaver is the photo slide show, and my computer sits on a little desk in my kitchen (and it's always on), so we all enjoy seeing whatever pops up from the last 3 years of picture files on my computer. Kyle especially likes it and always says, "That's you, Mama!!!" or "Look--Manda!!" in the sweetest and most excited three-year-old voice that you can imagine.

I often feel like a tired and impatient Mommy, drained by these kids whom I love and with whom I DO enjoy sharing life. Yesterday I felt particularly tired and out-of-it, so seeing these two pictures of Happy Mommy pop up on the screen within a few minutes was a very sweet and blessed reminder.

This was taken in March of 2005 before Amanda and I went to the Sock Hop at her school when she was in first grade:



This one was taken when we were on vacation in Vermont in April of 2006:

15 comments:

Beck said...

You guys are the CUTEST sock-hoppers! And look at the joy on your little swimmers face!

Corinne said...

What sweet pics! Thanks for sharing so honestly. I know what it's like to get to the end of a day and feel like I wouldn't blame my kids if they don't like me very much. What a nice reminder to cherish the good times!

Katrina said...

Wonderful pictures! (And a wonderful mommy!)

summershine said...

Such cute photos!!

Org Junkie said...

You two look so cute in your matching outfits!

Stephanie said...

We also have pictures for a screen saver. The kids enjoy sitting and watching the pictures roll by. They always try to guess who the baby is - they have a 1 in 3 chance of getting it right. = )

Tammy said...

Love the sock-hopping outfits!

Those are both cute pics, and I could relate, since we have a screen saver slide show too...and sometimes, a photo will pop up to give me just the right memory and just the right time!

It can be draining and exhausting being a mom (and sometimes deflating, if you read my recent posts) but God seems to give us strength and joy again just when we need it most!

Joyful Days said...

Those are such precious photos, Jennifer.

It is so hard balancing being fun and being the Mom, because that word covers so many things. And it seems like fun sometimes falls through the cracks of food, clothing, health care and crises.

Hold tight to these pictures (and I bet there are many more) they will be the things your kids remember too.

And they will figure out when they have their own kids just how much you did for them.

Big Mama said...

Cute, cute pics. It sometimes takes seeing those silent, non-whining pictures to remind us how precious they are, doesn't it?

Rhen said...

OMW! Such cuties!!
All for His glory, ~Rhen

Nadine said...

I stopped by because of the give away and wanted to check out your blog. I love the design. The pictures are really cute.

knicksgrl0917 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Andrea said...

I love those photos of your pure joy with your children.
Our computer does pop up pictures as well. I love seeing our memories played out.

Carrie said...

You look like a TOTALLY fun mommy and my guess is that that is what they'll remember.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

I use the photo screen saver too a lot of the time. When guest come over, they are just fascinated by it. :-)