Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The Rock


Deuteronomy 32:3-4
I will proclaim the name of the LORD.
Oh, praise the greatness of our God!

He is the Rock, his works are perfect,
and all his ways are just.
A faithful God who does no wrong,
upright and just is he.


2 Samuel 22:31-37

As for God, his way is perfect;
the word of the LORD is flawless.
He is a shield
for all who take refuge in him.

For who is God besides the LORD ?
And who is the Rock except our God?

It is God who arms me with strength
and makes my way perfect.

He makes my feet like the feet of a deer;
he enables me to stand on the heights.

He trains my hands for battle;
my arms can bend a bow of bronze.

You give me your shield of victory;
you stoop down to make me great.

You broaden the path beneath me,
so that my ankles do not turn.


For more of my God-thoughts today, click over to Faithlifts to read about All He Has Done in my life, as well as get a recommendation on a Bible study that I'm enjoying this summer.

3 comments:

MommySecrets said...

What funny timing! My Bible study group is studying the names of God. This week's focus is Rock/Foundation. I've been singing hymns that relate to these characteristics of God this week. You can see some of the lyrics in yesterday's blog at www.mommysecrets.blogspot.com.
:)

Beck said...

What a beautiful photo and what perfect verses!

L.L. Barkat said...

Great pic.

Some of our favorite rocks are the big glacial ones in Central Park... when my kids climb them I always feel this poignant sense of the Eternal.