Thursday, July 19, 2007

You Won!

Well, if your name is Karlene and you blog at InkSplasher, then you won!

I will send the copy of Deconstructing Penguins tomorrow, hopefully! Any of you who didn't win, are welcome to click through my amazon link to order it, or beg your library to get it. It is as good as it sounds.

I was browsing around at Karlene's site (she has some great book chat), and I found this personality test. I love that kind of stuff, so I took it. I'm Woodsy:

Because Woodsies know exactly what they want, other people can find them intimidating and may feel insecure around them until they get to know them. That's when they realize they're the most fair-minded and non-judging people. Employees love Woodsies because they know exactly what's expected of them. Grandchildren love Woodsies because they have incredible patience, especially as they mature. They're also very big-hearted and gentle.

Although Woodsies do like power, they won't tolerate unfairness and genuinely try to see other people's point of view. They're great leaders and have a protective nature. Because they are so strong-minded and know what they want in life, they generally do well in high positions of business or politics. They can bring great ideas, insight, and inspiration to the world.


I thought it was accurate, but then reading it over it again, I'm not so sure. However, I'm happy to know that I will be a patient grandma, because it's escaping me as a mom!

I actually took it because I thought I would match up with Karlene, Leafy, but my close second was Fruity, and this is fairly accurate as well.

You are self-aware, emotionally balanced, and almost everyone likes you because you're so positive and friendly. You are a very inspired individual and have a gift of being able to empathize with others. Fruities are true-blue, dependable friends. You can't categorize them as introverts or extroverts - they go back and forth between the two. Fruities are the type to have many acquaintances but only a few they call their best friends. They keep their true friends throughout their entire life. They're very willing to please others and can sometimes be compliant and dutiful at times when others would flee the situation. They have a great need to belong.

6 comments:

Karlene said...

I won! Oh my gosh. Thanks!

And thanks for taking the test and telling people about it. It's really a lot of fun.

Everyone has a bit of each of the fragrance personalities in them. I've taken the test several times and I always come out as leafy first. But then my second highest score is sometimes woodsy, sometimes herby. I think it depends on my mood. :)

Rachelle said...

Ha! I've always thought that "patience" thing must kick in when grandparenthood begins because I, too, have very little as a mom!

Great post... I'm trying to catch up on my blog reading. You've got a lot of great stuff here!

Org Junkie said...

Love the gramma comment! I love those types of tests too!

Laura

Beck said...

I was woodsy with a side of herbsy.

Stephanie said...

It's gotten so bad around here my 4 year old as started asking, "momma, has all your patience run out?" Always an indicator I need to stop and do some praying!

Susanne said...

It said I was 32% woodsy, 26% fruity but reading the descriptions I am definitely the fruity. They did get right that sandalwood is one of my top fragrances. I've always loved sandalwood. I'll have to look up what's in my fave perfume.

Thanks, Jennifer. That was fun.