Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Back to School


Good-bye Big Fourth Grader!

I have had a bit of back-t0-school anxiety this last week. Back-to-School means that the lazy days of summer are over. I'm supposed to be all scheduled and orderly and have my act together now, but I'm quite sure that's not the case.

Let's not discuss the fact that I took her to the "meet the teacher" walk-through yesterday, and in reality, it was on Friday. I won't defend myself by saying that it's always on the Monday before school starts, and that every other school in the district has it on Monday. However, both her teacher from last year and her new teacher were both there, so there was no real harm done.

We'll also not focus on the fact that although she's wearing her stylish new shirt, but managed to get stains on her knees from the dumb cherry-type things that are all over the driveway this time of year.

I'm hoping that she has a great day (and a great year), and that today I can get rid of some piles and clutter so that I feel ready to turn over a new leaf and start off this new year by actually being all orderly and organized.

12 comments:

Katrina said...

I know what you mean about the anxiety. While I'm looking forward to a more consistent routine, I do not have my act together and don't really feel prepared for the homework / school project / etc. responsibilities.

Camden starts tomorrow, but I looked at the school calendar several times yesterday to make sure I had the right day -- I was paranoid that while we were at Barnes & Noble, the rest of his class was sitting at their desks!

Amanda looks very nice. I hope she has a wonderful first day, and a wonderful year of 4th grade!

Lindsey @ Enjoythejourney said...

My last year teaching I was in 4th grade. I had a great year teaching that year---4th graders are independent enough to be "grown up" in so many ways, yet are still sweet and not mouthy like the middle schoolers. It was a great year. I hope she has a wonderful time in 4th grade!!!

Isn't it amazing seeing your children growing up? My oldest is in 2nd grade and it seems like yesterday we brought her home from the hospital.

:)

Mama Zen said...

I have the same fantasies of organization for a new year. We'll see . . .

She looks beyond adorable!

Dianne said...

Oh she looks so grown up, Jennifer! LOl about the "meet the teacher" day - hopefully the teacher's impression is that thoughtful little girl who was brave enough to come meet her on her own! That is too funny. I hope, as I pray for all my friends in this back-to-school period, that your transition is smooth and new blessings on your horizon.

Lori said...

Jennifer - she is so adorable - and stylish!

I'm still giggling about the "meet the teacher" night mix-up.

I hope she has a wonderful 4th grade year.

Beck said...

I'm feeling SOME anxiety about The Boy, but as far as The Girl.. meh, she loves school. I want to organize their playroom once school starts.

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

I hope she has a great week. Fourth grade was one of my favorite school years. I hope she will love it as well!

Melissa @ Breath of Life said...

My girl starts 4th grade on Tuesday. She's a little nervous, since she's going to have a male teacher this year. That will be a first for her. But we've heard wonderful things, so we're excited.

I've been dreaming of getting organized myself. I've actually gotten my home office completely revamped & will be working on another area tonight. Taking small steps. By nature, I'm a "piler"...you know, toss it on the pile & deal with it later. But I have to say I love, love, LOVE having the office done...to the point it's motivating me to do more!

sarah said...

How exciting!!!

Rachel Anne said...

I love starting a new school year. I feel like cleaning out closets and throwing out papers.....Here's to a new leaf for all of us1

Your daughter looks so grown up. 4th grade is a good year.

Susanne said...

What is it about the kids going to school that kicks in our organizing genes?

Your girl is looking quite grown up. Hope she has a great year!

Org Junkie said...

My house is in state of chaos right now since getting back from vacation. I can't even call my friends until I get myself straightened out but at this rate they'll never see me...lol.

I'm getting there though. Our first day of school isn't until next Tuesday so I've got time yet.