Tuesday, August 07, 2007

C is for Caboose

I had received C is for Caboose from the publisher, Chronicle Books, for possible review, but I had not gotten around to reading it to Kyle. It seemed a little too old for him. However, when I recently got it out to read it with him, he loved it. Each page features one or more railroad items that begins with the letter, with either an old-fashioned cartoonish poster type illustration or a real photograph from long ago. One of the best things about this alphabet book is the X page. X is for Railroad Crossing. That's quite a refreshing change from a Xylophone!

I would recommend this for train-lovers age three and up. It's been on Kyle's frequently requested list for the last couple of weeks, and I think that as he gets older and craves information, knowing some of this cool railroad history will delight him as well.

7 comments:

Laura Williams said...

That sounds like a good book for a toddler. I'll have to see if our library has this one. My almost 2 year old would love it. He loves anything with trains on it.

Stephanie said...

This looks fantastic! We are big lovers of Thomas in these parts. We're hoping to visit Edaville next month when Thomas is there. This would be a good book to add to the boys' Christmas list for grandparents. Thanks for the review.

Sheila said...

I think my boys would love this! Thanks for the recommendation.

Noodle said...

Is Kyle a train fan? My DH works for a RR. I may be able to come up with cool stuff for him if you'd like. :)

Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

Cool deal! Pojke is already (at 18 months) ALL about anything with wheels and an engine! I put this on my wish list at paperbackswap.com already! LOL

Katrina said...

Sounds great. Camden would have loved this one, since he was very much into trains and has always had an affinity for old-fashioned things. We'll see if Logan follows in his footsteps; if so, I'll be picking this one up.

Heidi said...

Thanks for this review. I'm guessing my train and alphabet-obsessed 3yo will love it. :)