Monday, September 03, 2007

A Few Thoughts and a Question

Happy Labor Day! We celebrated in the same way that we did last year--by attending our town's Labor Day parade. It's the biggest in the state--THE place to be on this Monday morning. The weather was perfect (in the 70's), and we met up with friends so we were able to chat while watching the groups of drum and bugle corps, VFWs, bagpipes, some guns and Civil War types, mini-cars and motorcycles. Of course there were a few politicians, and this year there was lots of candy, which Kyle ate as soon as he caught it.

* * * * *

My review is up at 5 Minutes for Mom. This week we have two books by Jim Burns--one parenting book and one marriage book, with giveaways for each.



And now, the Question:

I would love to hear any fun traditional party games for a nine-year-old birthday party. Amanda has come up with a theme for her party which will be next week: The Perfect Purple Paradise Party. She is going to have about six girls here. I really enjoy the home party. We keep it fairly simple, and she gets to play and enjoy her friends. We will tie-dye some T-shirts (purple of course), and probably play a couple of games involving purple balloons, but any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. There's also a fringe Smiley Face element of the theme, which Amanda had in mind, but was confirmed when we found the perfect paper products at the dollar store of all places: purple plates with a purple rim featuring a giant yellow smiley face!

I'd appreciate any ideas for purple snack food, or any games or activities that would go along with the theme.

5 comments:

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

I think on this, but I am in a bit of a birthday quandary myself. My daughter wants Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, Ariel, Jasmine, and Tinker Bell to come to her party in October. Other than that, she doesn't care. I hate to say it, but I think she may be a bit disappointed with the real guest list! :)

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

I meant to say, "I'll think on this." Perhaps I should read through my comment before publishing instead of after. :)

Org Junkie said...

Oh I love the smiley face idea, they're my favorite! In fact I made four banners for my blog this weekend all with happy faces...lol.

There are two games that my daughter (10) and her friends love right now. Freeze dance and the frozen chocolate game. Email me if you've not heard of it.

Laura

Melissa @ Breath of Life said...

We did karaoke at my daughter's 8th birthday last year. I found High School Musical Karaoke, and they had a blast! We have a pretty cheap Karaoke machine...really just a CD player that plugs into your TV for the lyrics. (I think we got it for $25) It was a huge hit. My girl loves it even now...she has "American Idol" contests whenever her frieds come over!

Sisterlisa said...

You could play bingo with purple jelly bellies. :O)