Sunday, September 02, 2007

Read Together Wrap-Up



I was pleased to see how much you all enjoyed Reading Together. We had participants from preschool-age on through upper teens, and that was my goal. There were parents who read to a child one on one, and parents who read a book before or after their older children did, and families who listened to books in the car while on the go. I hope that all of you--along with me--will continue on trying to connect with your kids in this way.

I have delayed announcing these prizes, because I was unable to get in touch with one of the possible donors. I'm going to go ahead and award what I have:

Mary DeMuth donated her most recent book Authentic Parenting in a Postmodern Culture, which is a perfect fit because an ongoing theme in the book is connecting with your kids (You can read my review of the book HERE).

I donated a ten dollar gift certificate from amazon.com.

I used random.org, and the numbers that came up were 18 and 9, which is Jeanne from At A Hen's Pace and Karlene from InkSplasher. I have contacted Jeanne to see which prize she wants, and then Karlene will receive the other one.

Thanks to everyone who joined in!

I will probably do another family reading mission this winter, so stay tuned.

3 comments:

Katrina said...

Looking forward to your next mission. I'm always up for a little external motivation to keep us on the consistent reading path.

Laura @ Laura Williams' Musings said...

Congrats to the winners!!

I look forward to the next mission!

Joyful Days said...

I hope to join you the next time. Life just didn't allow for it this go round. I've enjoyed following those who did participate.

Blessings,

Julie