Friday, September 28, 2007

She's On to Me

Nine-year-olds tell it like it is:

Upon spotting my copy of ScreamFree Parenting: "Maybe you should try some of that out." She paused and said, "Actually, you haven't really been yelling at me too much lately."

When I was urging her to help me clean up before the babysitter came over: "Are you cleaning up so that she will think that we have a clean house, since she's never been here before?"

One morning when I got her up for school: "Why do you have makeup on? Where are we going?"

Now I can't really argue with her on the other observations, but I wear makeup more often than I don't wear makeup. However, I think that I did have lipstick on, which obviously gave me a more polished look. Usually I don't put that on until I'm in the car going somewhere.

11 comments:

Colleen said...

Kids say some of the funniest things. I LOVE it! The other day my two year old used the word "actually" in a sentence . I was like, "What did you just say??"

Dianne said...

I got such a chuckle out of this, but she's a perceptive young lady!

Katrina said...

Too cute! They pick up on so much -- and aren't afraid to share their observations!

Beck said...

Eeeek, it's scary how well our kids know us!

Stephanie said...

She's one smart cookie!

Heidi said...

She's a crack up! What fun. :)

Susanne said...

Kid's and their brutal honesty! She's a riot!

Helen said...

:-)

Housemates do that, too. And that always scares me, when they once again blew my cover...

L.L. Barkat said...

Ouch. But I guess that's one of the beauties of children. They can tell us things that other people wouldn't dare say!

Beth@Sportsmomma said...

Oh my- yes she's on to you. One of the boys made a comment the other day about how i don't yell at cars anymore. Must be the medicine is working!! LOL

angeleyes Blue said...

I never wore make-up until I turned 40. Now if I leave the house without it people think something is wrong with me. Don't you just love those precious babes.

From the mouths of babes---