Tuesday, October 09, 2007

I've Been Working on the Railroad

I did all of this without benefit of an engineering degree, although we could never quite get these results until we bought an expansion set.


Right now we're all about trains, but I'm going to be a Lego expert in the next few years, right? I see it in my future.

My friend thinks that Kyle is all flexible and squishy, and she calls him Elasti-boy. Look at his legs and feet in this pictures and you'll see why.

Just a note to those of you who have entered the Fairy Chronicles books giveaway, several of you did not leave an email address, so either email me with it and who you commented as, or be sure to check to back here when I announce the winner Saturday.

Believe it or not, I have a few thoughts rambling around in my head that involve more than pictures, or "Look, I wrote this review," or "free stuff," but it's just not coming together. I guess we all have those weeks, huh?

9 comments:

Katrina said...

I'm very impressed with your track-building skills! And what a good Mommy you are, too!

Lindsey @ Enjoythejourney said...

Reece got a thomas train table a few years ago. I thought Chad and I would divorce before the night was over---you seriously needed a degree from MIT to put that track together!!! I was so ill, and Chad was too. Looking back it was a hoot, but at the time, we were seriously ILL with each other and that train set!

Org Junkie said...

Wow I've never seen a train set like that, my son would love it!! And yeah mom for getting it put together!!!

Heidi said...

Isn't track building fun? I loved it as a kid, and I was glad when we finally got a wooden train track set for my first son. He had a play table, and I'd make him elaborate tracks after he went to sleep. I'm pretty sure I enjoyed it much more than he did, LOL!

That track-building rarely happens now that he has two younger brothers to destroy it. :)

I think you did a great job on that track!

Melissa @ From Melissa's Desk said...

Wow! Nice track!

Beck said...

Oh, the sweet little boyness...

Stephanie said...

I'm very impressed!

One of the reasons I love the wooden tracks is because they can put it together themselves! = ) Thomas's friends and more tracks are already on our list for Christmas.

Mark Goodyear said...

My son (Lyle) is about Kyle's age, I think. He has the Take Along Thomas tracks. They connect to these, but aren't motorized.

I'm not sure if he likes them more or if I do.

For my birthday, I went out and bought a Lionel toy train. Boyness indeed. Seems one doesn't outgrow it.

(Thanks for the insightful comments at GoodWordEditing.com earlier this week!)

Rachel Anne said...

Aren't boys great? I love the all the planes, trains and automobiles. The scoopers, the graters, the booms, the hydraulic lifts, and all things mechanical that fascinate boys. Without my son I would have missed the beauty of machinery and only seen the flowers along the way!