Laura, from I'm an Organizing Junkie
Speaking of Laura, last week she tagged me for 8 Random Things from My Kitchen. This fits here, because she won, I picked the winner from random.org, and it's a random meme, so what a perfect way to end this post.
8 Random Things from My Kitchen
1. I love my coffee pot. My dad bought it for us for Christmas about ten years ago (before he had grandkids to pamper at Christmas!). I love it. Anyone who loves coffee loves it. When it broke after we had it for four or five years, I found out that for a $25 processing fee, they would fix it or send a new one.
2. My kitchen is not organized (surprise, surprise). I have three drawers that contain tools and measuring cups and spoons, and though some things sort of have a home, they go randomly in whichever place they fit best at the time.
3. I got one of those glass-topped stoves when we re-did our kitchen counters last year, because I always thought that it would be so easy to clean. I was wrong! Whatever spills on it bakes on right away. I think it's better to have spills under the burner grate (where no one can see them anyway).
4. I miss cooking on the gas burners that I had in my last two homes, but we don't have gas in this house.
5. Things always in my pantry: canned tomatoes, canned beans (black, kidney, green), ketchup, cereal, pop tarts
6. Things that are always in my freezer: ice cream, blueberries (freshly picked from summer while they last), chicken
7. Things that are always in my fridge: vanilla soy milk (Kyle likes to drink it, and I like it on my raisin bran and shredded wheat mix of cereal), 1 % milk, yogurt, lettuce, cheese (shredded and sliced), lunch meat, fresh brewed unsweetened iced tea
8. Things that I can't have in my kitchen here in Connecticut that I wish I could: Wolf brand chili, Blue Bell ice cream, cheap Mexican food (I can buy the items like taco shells, flour tortillas, salsa and refried beans, but they sure cost a lot more than in Texas!)
Edited to add a picture and a link to my coffee pot, and also to say that I forgot to tag 8 people. I've been tagged for another 8's meme, so I think I'll do my tagging then, but if you want to snag this one for yourself, go ahead.