Thursday, November 15, 2007

A Fortunate Mistake

I might have mentioned a time or ten that I love amazon.com. What's not to love--great prices, free shipping, wonderfully interactive customer feedback and a mysterious system that allows interesting books to pop up on a page when I've been browsing that I inevitably end up wanting to buy.

I now have another reason to love them. I bought a book for Amanda and I to read together (I'm not ready for this, but I'm giving it a go, and this is a softball way to lead in to the knitty gritty). I was wondering why it hadn't arrived, so I had checked earlier in the day and saw that it indeed would arrive today. The brown delivery truck came just before Amanda's bus dropped her off, so she brought the package in. I opened it, and instead of finding the book I ordered, I found three TV series DVDs: the complete Adams Family series, the first season of I Dream of Jeanie, and the first season of the Munsters. Amanda has really enjoyed watching classic sit-coms on TVLand, so these discs were a special treat for her. She is not familiar with I Dream of Jeanie, but I think that she'll enjoy them.

Since I'm also a fan of TV on DVD, it was a rather fortunate mistake. Yes, I did call them and let them know of their error. My original order should arrive tomorrow, and because it was their error, they told me to keep the DVDs. I'm sure that Michael M. in California will be thrilled to open his $10 Care and Keeping of You book as opposed to the three DVD sets which he is expecting. They re-issued his order, too, and so he should receive his $100 worth of DVDs tomorrow as well. Unless he has a tween daughter at home with whom he's been waiting to discuss the physical changes that she's going to be experiencing, he might not be quite as happy as I am with the mistake.

10 comments:

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

Wow! You really got the good end of that deal! Perhaps they will accidentally send me a Dyson instead of the 6.99 book I just ordered. :)

stephanie@{Olive Tree} said...

LOL! That is quite a lucrative oops. :) Have fun!

Melissa @ Breath of Life said...

You did get a great deal, there! We have the book. Let me warn you, you may want to read it before sharing. There's one section that a friend of mine literally taped shut so that her daughter can't read it without her! Overall, the book is wonderful for tweens.

Org Junkie said...

Wow what a deal! I love it when that happens. Let us know what you think of the book.

Laura

Susanne said...

This quite amused me. I wish I could see his face when he opens the box. But lucky you.

Stephanie said...

Yeah for you! So sad for the poor guy in CA!! = )

Carrie said...

Oh wow. HA! That's really funny. REALLY funny. A fun mistake though -- for you!

Sisterlisa said...

How funny! I also like the Care and Keeping of You book. I doubt he'd be interested. LOL maybe he'll know a girl he can give it to.

Katrina said...

Wow, very cool. I'd wish they'd make a mistake like that with me. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen
We too have The Care and Keeping of You book and really like it, it's not as scary as you might imagine!!
DD