Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Tomorrow You'll Find Me Right Here

It's been a busy week. Wednesday I was doing the laundry, packing, trying to clean up, loading the car sort of stuff. Wednesday night we were doing the Thanksgiving Eve six-hour drive to Virginia to see all of my in-laws. Fortunately we really didn't encounter much traffic. We left late and got in after midnight, so we started off the weekend with a little bit of travel-lag. However my mother-in-law and father-in-law returned from a two week long trip to Italy on Tuesday, so there's really no comparison.

Thursday I ate.

Friday I shopped a bit and did what is now a tradition and has become a lovely way to turn my thoughts to the real Christmas, watching my father-in-law's choral group lead a sing along at a local outdoor shopping center, and singing along as well. I also played a little Guitar Hero at my sister-in-law's house, which I have to say is just as fun as I've heard it was.

Saturday I ate some more. We also watched Elf on TV, which we decided last year at Christmas should be an annual occurrence.

Sunday we worshiped with my brother-in-law and his new wife and met everyone else for lunch. We hit the road, and did encounter some more of that Sunday after Thanksgiving traveling joy. Our trip was probably an hour or so longer, but again--I have no real complaints. When I got home, I had to work on posting the millions of winners for 5 Minutes for Mom's Christmas Giveaway.

Monday I had a meeting for some training for a new position I've accepted within my BSF class. I drove over an hour to get there, met for a couple of hours, and drove back home. Then I had to be at BSF by 5:00pm for an early meeting before our evening class. It was a long day. Fruitful, informative and interesting--but long.

Today I went to my part-time job while Kyle was at school, and then worked a bit more from home on the computer. I have managed to get two loads of laundry done and our bags mostly unpacked.

Tomorrow you'll find me right here.

6 comments:

Michele@Philoxenos said...

What will you be doing at BSF? Will you still be a discussion leader? I'm really enjoying the Matthew study. My two daughters are able to go to the preschool classes this year and they're loving it.

HipWriterMama said...

I watched Elf too! Funny movie.

Hope this week is more relaxing for you.

Katrina said...

Whew! Just reading all that made me tired. But it also sounded like you had some good times last weekend.

Hope you had that much-needed change of pace today.

Dianne said...

wow you've been busy. I bet you're glad to be back home though.

Carrie said...

If you decide to sleep for awhile...we'll forgive you for it!

Heather said...

You need a vacation!
Have you said before what your part-time job is?