Tuesday, November 06, 2007

What I See

What do I see every day in my kitchen? The bane of my existence--my kitchen desk. I thought it was oh-so-handy when we first bought the house, but in truth, it's just another dumping ground.





I must be a glutton for punishment, because once again I am joining up in Laura's 30 Day Organizational Challenge (click the link for all the details). And guess what? It's the same space that I DIDN'T organize in her Spring Challenge (read my Spring post here). The problem is that I could not find the right containers to help me (even with the expert Org Junkie's help!). So when she posted her Fall Challenge I wasn't sure if I was up for participating, but then earlier this week I found some things that I think might help me, so I'll give it another go!

I see other things in my home as well.

Every Monday our sixteen year old neighbor watches Kyle for one hour after Amanda and I leave for BSF until Terry gets home from work. It works out so that Terry doesn't have to rush home every week. Terry doesn't want to overuse him, but from the looks of things, it seems that this particular sixteen-year-old boy is enjoying reliving his childhood. Every Monday evening I see the product of their fun--a great train configuration, geometric designs on the driveway in sidewalk chalk, or the last two weeks since Kyle brought out Amanda's old Lincoln Logs:



When I uploaded my pictures, I saw that a certain three-year-old who will remain nameless had apparently been taking some pictures. Some of them weren't too bad. Perhaps he was looking to submit them to House Beautiful?



Others look like you would expect a picture taken by a three year old to look.



For that matter, they both look a bit as I imagine his general perspective affords him--a blurry whirlwind of activity.

9 comments:

Katrina said...

Too funny about the pictures. I have some pictures that Camden took a couple years ago -- blurry, unfocused, overexposed. But they're photographers in training.

As for a kitchen desk...the idea of one highly appeals to me. But I have a feeling it would be a dumping ground for me as well. Looking forward to seeing the transformation!

Melissa @ Breath of Life said...

I envy you the desk. But, I'm with Katrina on this...it would become my dumping ground.

I thought about this challenge, but decided I just couldn't do it during the holidays. I'm taking a week off in January to really work on getting some things purged & re-done in our home.

Hope it goes well for you!

Org Junkie said...

Hey Jennifer!!
I can't wait to see what you come up with. I love the idea of a kitchen desk. Is there no cupboard doors on the cookbook shelf? Gosh how I wish I could come right on over to help you with this!

Good luck,
Laura

Beck said...

I want a kitchen desk, too! But I know that I would use it the same way you do - we have a kitchen table that is ONLY used to dump school papers on, apparently never to be moved again.

Ginger@From The Cocoon said...

Good luck this go around! You can do it!!

Susanne said...

Hey a photographer in the making!

I've always wanted one of those kitchen desks but I know for a fact that is exactly what would happen if I had one. It would become everybody's catch all. As it sits my dresser is now seeing the effects of being the drop zone. *sigh*

Dawn said...

Good luck with the challenge. You can do it this time. Just spend a few minutes a day doing part of it so you don't get too overwhelmed.

Dawn said...

Good luck with the challenge. You can do it this time. Just spend a few minutes a day doing part of it so you don't get too overwhelmed.

Amanda said...

oh my Samantha loves to take photos, my favorite ones are under the bed where she hides out and puts up a show with her stuffed animals. clever girl.