Monday, December 17, 2007

Boomama's Christmas Tour of Homes


I guess I feel the need to redeem myself after explaining why we aren't putting up a real tree this year, so I'm joining in with Boomama's Christmas Tour of Homes. In that post, I showed our outdoor decorations. Mother Nature took care of frosting the house this weekend:




Inside, I have a nice real evergreen wreath over the fireplace, a lighted garland on the mantle, and our stockings.



As I was hanging them this year, I remembered that when I bought them, Kyle was not even a twinkle in his Daddy's eye. In fact, when I bought them, I think that the idea that we would have a second child was not even the topic of the day. But I knew that we might have a second child, and I wanted them all to match, so I bought four instead of three, and I'm so glad I did. One funny thing is that each year, Amanda wants to decide which one is hers. I'm pretty much always the snowflake, but I think that the others have shifted, depending on which one Amanda wants (Santa, the reindeer, or the bear, which she has chosen this year, because his Santa hat has a bell on it).


Here is the four-foot fiber-optic tree. Doesn't that just scream Christmas spirit? I took two pictures, so that you could see the lights. I also added Thomas' blue track around the base for that traditional Christmas effect.





I love our Nativity scene. I actually saw it and my mom bought it for a wedding shower gift for us (we got married at the beginning of January). There are even a few Christmas CDs stacked behind it for mood music.



So even though I scaled back on the decorating effort this year, I'm not totally devoid of Christmas spirit. I have to admit that once I finally got the decorations up, it just felt right.

Merry Christmas from my slightly-less-decked halls to yours!

29 comments:

Sara Mincy said...

Love your natural country look! Very pretty!

Antique Mommy said...

Man oh man I love the front of your house - looks like a Christmas card. Snow and everything! Your home is just lovely.

Merry Christmas!

Hootin' Anni said...

Pretty....the snow outdoors is pretty too from this perspective, in the warm Texas home I'm in right now. LOL

Happy holidays.

Mine's posted. I have two versions.

A thumbnail short version
and
a
slide show long version.

Sheila said...

Your home is very pretty, looks like you have quite a view! Thanks for sharing! Merry Christmas!

Org Junkie said...

Oh gosh your house is so beautiful with a porch and everything!! And all those windows, WOW! Your stockings are very cute too!

Laura

KC said...

I love it all, even the Thomas the tank tracks around the tree..
Thanks for having us.

ellen b. said...

Thank you for your tour. I enjoyed my time here. blessings...

Miss Patti said...

Wonderful

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

Your house looks so beautiful with all the snow, and I love how your mantle is decorated!

mindi said...

You have a gorgeous home - love the porches. Gotta love the Thomas track too!!

Joyful Days said...

Your house is lovely & I think your heart really shines through.

Blessings,

Julie

Jenni said...

Thank you for sharing! It's lovely!

Robin said...

S i g h...snow...the loveliest of decorations and didn't cost a thing :/. Great picture to include with your homey inside shots.

I was glad to have a reason to come back and visit you, it's been too long!

Merriest of Christmases to you!

Robin @ PENSIEVE

Big Mama said...

The outside of your house looks like a storybook. I wish we could get some of that snow in South Texas.

Southern Heart said...

Your home looks beautiful, and is Christmas card-perfect with all that snow! Your nativity is lovely, too!

Merry Christmas,

Andrea

Heather said...

See! You do have a tree! A small fiber-optic tree fits. Think of the fun colors you have.
Love the stockings.

Katrina said...

So nice! I had to giggle about the stockings. We have four "coordinating" stockings -- each with a different picture...but I made the mistake of having Mom, Dad, Camden and Logan embroidered on them. So while Camden WANTS to switch his, he's stuck. Oh well.
Love your nativity set, too.

Chrissy said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your front porch. I know that's not a Christmas decoration, but still, I love it.

It's a Mom Thing said...

Hey. I think the pinguins more than make up for not having a tree. THey are fun and I bet your kids love them. There's always the next 40 years to have a Christmas tree.

Senkyoshi said...

Enjoyed my visit. Merry Christmas!

Jenn said...

I love the front of your house! send me some snow :)

JanMary said...

The Thomas track would be a great hit in our house. Thanks for sharing.

Merry Christmas to you and yours from Northern Ireland.

Trista said...

Nice decorations!!! Have a Merry Christmas!

Dianne said...

Merry Christmas! I love the penguins and your wreath!

Mercy's Maid said...

I like your nativity.

Merry Christmas!

Cherdecor said...

Thank you for inviting us in to view all your Christmas decorations. Everything looks so beautiful, warm and festive. I just love your house. It is so so like home.

Nise' said...

Thank you for the tour. *Sigh* I love/envy that front porch.

BJ said...

we've only had our tree up for two days - I've had such a hard time getting in the spirit this year. And I agree with Nise' - I have porch envy to go along with my fireplace envy. Merry Christmas!

mwmuse said...

Thank you for sharing.