Friday, December 21, 2007

Closed for the Season

At the beginning of this week, Terry and I went away to an inn in Cape Cod for two nights. It is obviously off-season, so many restaurants and shops were "closed for the season." They do a surprisingly big business on Christmas. Our trip was beyond lovely. We relaxed, we connected, we talked, we enjoyed peace and quiet, we watched movies, we ate, we slept. We chose to go now because he had this week off. I thought it might be a nice way to start the holidays, and celebrate our 15th anniversary (in January) a little early. All that is true, however it also put me behind the eight ball with my Christmas and travel preparations.

We are leaving this morning for a 10 day trip which will involve two states and many relatives, a long car ride and a plane trip.

So I'm declaring the blog closed for the season. I am going to let the HP Photo Book contest stay open, since I wasn't going to be able to mail out anyway.

Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

Have a wonderful trip! Merry Christmas!

Dianne said...

Sounds like a good thing . . . your trip to Cape Cod. One of my dreams is a NE vacation.

Have a great holiday!

Org Junkie said...

Have a wonderful and safe Christmas!

All the best,
Laura

Barb @ A Chelsea Morning said...

Ah. Cape Cod. It's been years and years since I've been there. As a matter of fact, the summer I was there was the summer Jaws came out in theaters. BIG mistake to go see Jaws when you're spending the summer at Cape Cod. LOL

Have a wonderful trip and Merry, merry Christmas to you and your family.

See you next year!

martha stealth roommate said...

Have a great holiday! So glad you guys had some time alone. Can't wait to hear all about your great trip. I'll email soon about our holiday!