Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Now This is a Guy I Can Get Behind

If you think I'm talking politics, this is obviously your first time here.

I'm talking about the Jolly Old Elf.


We went to my favorite breakfast place after church on Sunday, and Santa himself paid a little visit. He went around to all the tables talking to the families who were there. He asked the kids what they wanted for Christmas, and Amanda said that she wanted a Wii. He didn't flinch. He said, "I hear that a lot. I don't know if we can fill all those orders."

She then tried for a dog. "I'm not sure about that one either," he said with no apology.

"How about a penguin?" she suggested, laughing. "Maybe a stuffed penguin???"

"Well, you're easy--a Wii to a dog to a penguin to a stuffed penguin? I'm sure you'll be happy on Christmas."

After listening to Amanda talk with him, Kyle had gone from turning his head in the opposite direction to smiling at him, so when he turned to Kyle, he said, "I want another Thomas!"

Santa looked at me and read my facial expression. "Another Thomas? All right! Now let me tell you kids one more thing. I am so sick of cookies and milk and all those baked goods. Forget that. I want a slice of pizza and a Dr. Pepper. Got that?"

Oh, yeah. Santa has good taste and a healthy dose of discernment. Forget those department store imitations. Apparently this was the real Santa.

7 comments:

Org Junkie said...

Your picture of the dancing Santa cracked me up!! Seems like a Wii is a popular choice this year, my kids asked for that too!

Susanne said...

Now that is one discerning Santa! Too fun!

HipWriterMama said...

Where can I find this Santa? I love his comments.

Karla E said...

Jennifer, I saw a HUGE stuffed penguin at COSTCO today...maybe Santa could fill Amanda's wish there.

My DH is getting a Wii for Christmas...that way the kids can't fight over it.

Carrie said...

That's very cute. Great experience for the whole family, I'd say!

Katrina said...

What a wise and funny Santa. :)

I'm glad we picked up our Wii last spring...I've seen people standing in line at the local Gamestops every time they get a couple in. They are definitely in demand.

Heidi said...

Oh, I love it! What an awesome Santa.