Monday, February 18, 2008

Hitting the Slopes

This week the family and I will be in Lake Placid.

Last year when we went, I shared my reluctance about skiing due to a past skiing accident. If you haven't read it, it's a post I'm proud of. I also blogged about my victory on the slopes (another post I can recommend without wincing).

The plan for this year is two days of lessons for Amanda (after which she will undoubtedly surpass me--if not in ability in adventure). The third day Terry, Amanda and I will ski together. The first day Terry and I will ski (together some, and separately some, I would imagine). Kyle and I will take the second day off. That will give me time to rest, and give him a nap day, which he will probably need after playing in the nursery all day.

I am glad that I looked up my posts about last year's trip, and that I did make the decision to take the middle day off. It also reminded me that I need to bring a book so that I can occupy myself if/when I decide to knock off early in the afternoon.

Unless I pick up some wayward WIFI signals floating in the air, we won't have internet access. I'm sure that I'll survive. I'm sure that you will, too. Enjoy your week.

10 comments:

Katrina said...

Hope you have a wonderful time! (Even without Internet access...)

Org Junkie said...

Have a great time!

Stephanie's Mommy Brain said...

Sounds like fun! Hope you come back rested and refreshed - in an active athletic sort of way. = )

Beck said...

Have FUN!

e-Mom said...

Have a wonderful ski holiday! When I get tired of skiing with the family, sometimes I rent snowshoes, or cross-country skis. Reading is always a winning choice too, though. :~D

HipWriterMama said...

Hope you have some great snow for skiing. Enjoy!

At A Hen's Pace said...

Hope you have a blast and make great memories together!!

Dianne said...

Can't wait to hear about your trip. SOunds like fun. Me, I'd just like sitting by the fireplace in the lodge, I think!

Kelly said...

Have a wonderful week!

L.L. Barkat said...

Rest. Refreshment. Beauty. Who could resist?

Blessings on your trip.