Saturday, March 22, 2008

Celebrating

I truly believe that celebrating holidays gives us a great chance to create family memories and traditions and identity. I don't always do it as much as I want to, but I do believe that it matters.

We've given Easter a run for its money this year. Kyle had a party at his preschool on Thursday. He was distracted from singing the Spring songs that they've been learning, because the Easter bunny was right behind him!


Unlike some of his other three-year-old classmates, he didn't have any problem at all sitting and posting with the EB for their individual shots. Unfortunately, he does have trouble sitting in general, so my first picture was blurry, and in this second picture he was already hopping on down the bunny trail. They did take a Polaroid which came out great--cheesy grin looking right at the camera.


He asked me earlier this week if I remembered coloring eggs. Kyle's always asking us if we remember something. Apparently he remembers everything. I actually didn't remember that I had done the Good Mommy thing and colored eggs last year, and I was glad that he reminded me. With all of the construction/remodeling/painting going on, it might have slipped my mind (notice the paint can on the kitchen counter in the background). We had fun. Kyle wanted all his eggs to be blue, his "favorite color." I experimented with a few brown eggs that I boiled up just for fun. They actually colored nicely. Amanda patiently held the eggs half in the dye and made some multi-colored ones.



So tomorrow we'll don our Easter parkas and enjoy this holiday synonymous with the onset of Spring as the temperatures skyrocket to 43 degrees. I'll try to squeeze in an egg hunt after church, and then we'll join some friends for dinner.

Happy Easter! He is risen, indeed.

5 comments:

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

Sounds like you are enjoying your holiday! My son would approve of the blue eggs. He is on antibiotics for strep (again), and this morning he said, "Why does my medicine always have to be pink? Why can't they make it blue?" I guess he thinks the drug companies favor the girls. :)

Have a wonderful Easter!

Stephanie's Mommy Brain said...

I had hoped to do some egg dying today (Sat) but just ran out of energy and time. Maybe next weekend. = )

Org Junkie said...

Happy Easter Jennifer!!

Sheila said...

What a cute picture of your kids dying eggs!

My son would have been TERRIFIED if a big bunny came to his preschool!

We did a small egg hunt in the back yard today. We also made resurrection cookies tonight. We will probably dye some eggs tomorrow.

Katrina said...

We had a very brief egg hunt in the freezing cold. Camden wore gloves, Logan didn't care. And our colored eggs always suffer from so much "experimentation" that they are a bit scary-looking. But we have fun.

I have to echo Sheila -- Camden would have taken off screaming if a large bunny walked into his preschool room. It would not have gone over well.