Friday, March 21, 2008

Experience the Resurrection

I have to admit that I have not yet read this book. However, that is not going to stop me from giving a copy away to one of you (read on). Since I had such a good experience with the book Unlimiting God, a recent release by Henry Blackaby and one of his other sons, I have confidence that I will enjoy this too.

I often find myself wanting to immerse in the subject matter after, rather than leading up to the event in question, so I think that actually celebrating Easter this weekend will be just the incentive I need to dig into this book highlighting the true power of the resurrection that we can all experience in our lives.

If you want more information than my non-review has supplied, here is the publisher's blurb:

What does the resurrection of Christ really mean for us? What does it reveal about the heart and mind of God? And what real differences can the miracle of the resurrection make in your life today?

Two thousand years ago, God raised Jesus Christ from the dead. But that isn’t a mere historical event. It isn’t simply a theological doctrine. It is rather a “huge moment” that reverberates powerfully and meaningfully throughout history. Even today. Even in your life.

When God raised Jesus, He also made it possible for Christ’s life to reign eternally in His followers. The resurrection is the foundation of your total freedom and complete victory in Christ. And so it is an event–an experience–that’s worthy of your daily celebration.

Experiencing the Resurrection is the second in a groundbreaking trilogy by the world-renowned spiritual leader Dr. Henry Blackaby and his son, Dr. Melvin Blackaby, that guides you into experiencing the gospel of Christ in its fullness. In this book they offer you a deeper understanding of the glorious, joyous dimensions of the resurrection, with the goal of revealing the living Lord at work in your daily life.

This is the first step to fully knowing and experiencing the peace, joy, power, purpose, and confidence that God promises you through the resurrection of His Son.

If you'd like to win a copy, leave a comment here, and be sure that your email is either in your profile, in the comment, or there's a blog where I can leave a comment. I'll post a winner on Wednesday, March 26.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Sure, I'd love to win a copy! ;) Count me in.

Stephanie's Mommy Brain said...

Dr. Blackaby! Count me in!