Monday, April 21, 2008

10 Ways to Add Hours to Your Day


I am pleased that Capessa will be sharing my article for the next two weeks. It's a great site featuring topics of interest from real women.

10 Ways to Add Hours to Your Day


Control the Computer

1. When you think of something you want to research online, jot it down in your planner. I often log in for a specific purpose or two, but then forget why I’m there. When I remember, I end up logging back on and losing more time with general surfing.

Regulate the Remote

2. Watch TV on your own time. Use a DVR to record shows you like and watch them later. Not only will you save 10 to 15 minutes per hour by skipping commercials, but you also don’t have to drop everything when the show comes on which makes better use of your time.

Surrender Sleep

3. Too many unfinished to-do’s result in stress, which often causes insomnia. If it takes more than ten minutes for you to fall asleep, get up and complete one of those tasks that is on your mind. You might be able to fall asleep with a clear conscience, and if not you still reduced your responsibilities for the next day.

Re-think your Routine

4. A “quick trip to the store” consumes more time than you think. Consolidate errands whenever possible, which will save you time (and gas).

Pass up the Phone

5. Multitasking is a must. Fold laundry, put away dishes, or file papers whenever you’re chatting on the phone.

Click through to Capessa to read another five tips (one more in each of these categories).

If this is your first time here, welcome to my blog. I hope you'll join me regularly and join in the discussion as I write about
  • parenting struggles and successes (Amanda is nine and Kyle is almost four),
  • travel (coming up--lots of insider Disney tips from the PR Press trip I took last weekend),
  • my love of books,
  • my faith,
  • and how I try to balance it all.
You can click HERE to go to the home page of my site to read more of my posts.

7 comments:

dcrmom said...

I always clean up while I'm on the phone! And control the computer? Bwahaahaaa! ;-)

Dianne said...

Some very helpful tips here, Jennifer. Love the one about the computer . . .

Org Junkie said...

I love Capessa!!! Great tips Jennifer :)

heather said...

Great article. I may do a little research on Capessa...

Katrina said...

Great tips! I often do what you mentioned in #1 - have something I need to look up online, but totally forget. Of course, that never stops me from randomly web-surfing for a while. But I really do like the idea of jotting down what I intend to research.

Sheila said...

I love tip #1. That happens to me a lot!

modmom said...

hi jennifer!
great tips! #1 is so true for me :)