Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Busted

When Kyle got up Monday morning, he came downstairs and was happy to see me. His "Mommeee" greeting and big hug started off my day with a smile. He then began the roll call as does most mornings asking, "Where's Daddy?"

"Daddy's at work," I answered as I do five days a week.

"Oh, I didn't bring Blankie because I thought Daddy was here," he told me.

"Oh, yes, because that's the rule, right? Blankie stays in your bed."

"Well, I have two rules," he explained. "If Daddy's here, Blankie has to stay in my bed, but if you are here, I can bring her downstairs in the morning."

It seems like Daddy whipped the family into shape while I was gone last weekend, but with me back at the helm, the backsliding has begun.

4 comments:

Kendra said...

What a cute post. Sounds like a conversation at our home.

Darcie said...

What a softie! And it sounds like Kyle has you pegged. You better watch out - who knows what he'll try to pull over on you next time. :)

Dianne said...

So darn smart!

Katrina said...

Oh this made me laugh. Kids are *so* smart -- they always have us figured out!