Friday, April 25, 2008

Destination Disney -- Disney Magic


Disney World is known as "the happiest place on earth," and I have to say that after spending a short weekend there, I agree wholeheartedly. There is something about Disney World--something magical.

Do you have an experience with Disney Magic you'd like to share? It could be the fuzzy memories of visiting the Magic Kingdom as a child. It could be the look on your child's face the first time he met Mickey, or just the reminiscence of a perfect family vacation.

Write your thoughts on your blog, then link directly to that post sometime this weekend (not your main blog page), and enter your link in the Mr. Linky below. You can also link back to a post in your archives where you discussed Disney magic.

If you link here, I would ask that you link back to this post or to my blog. You don't have to use the banner, but you are welcome to you if you'd like (Thanks to Jo-Lynne at DCR Designs for making the button and the banner).

If you don't have a blog or don't want to write up a post, feel free to join in by leaving a comment.

You can find out more about the origins of this carnival HERE, including the schedule for upcoming weeks.

Next weekend (starting May 2), I'd like to hear about your process for Planning Your Trip to Disney. How far in advance do you plan? When do you go and why? Are there books or websites you would recommend? What types of plans do you make in advance: reservations for meals? shows? a schedule for park day?


I'm glad you decided to join in. I hope you'll take the time to relive the magic by visiting the other participants, and as all the cast members at Disney say, "Have a magical day!"

7 comments:

Julie said...

Hi Jennifer. I love the idea of this meme, thanks for hosting it. I have been enjoying your posts about the Disney Mom's Mixer...sounds like such a fun time. I have my post up and look forward to visiting all the others.

Katrina said...

Thanks for putting this together. Looking forward to all the stories!

L.L. Barkat said...

Oh, can you believe it...? My kids chose to skip Disney when we went to Florida. We went birdwatching near the ocean instead. (Will they ever forgive me when they discover the magic I let them miss? :)

Jen @ Small World Big Heart said...

This is such a great idea! I'm looking forward to reading everyone else's posts. Thanks for hosting!

Connie said...

I don't normally participate in blog 'carnivals' but couldn't resist the Disney theme since our 'magial' trip was less than a year ago. Ahhhh...... :-)

Sabrina said...

I'd love to participate in the May 2nd blog, but I will be AT DISNEY! AGAIN! :) In answer to how I get prepared, my husband and I frequently get asked this question since we've been going to Disney a while and since I'm a project manager and he's just obsessed, we created a "Project Management" website for people looking for ideas on how to get ready to go. Hopefully this will help: http://mousemadeeasy.blogspot.com

Kristenc said...

Your carnival idea is a great one! Thank you for hosting it. I am looking forward to reading about what you all have to say. I love reading and writing about Disney and am very glad I found another happy place to share my Disney Magic.