Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Tackling April Fool's Day






Tackle It Tuesday Meme
Click here to get the banner code and start tackling.


Tackling a big project to post on 5 Minutes for Mom each week for Tackle it Tuesday is a big job for Janice and Susan (Not that they have anything else to do--running several websites and taking care of two newborns and two older children). When I've gotten inspired, I've offered to take up the Tackle on the 5M4M site for them.

You may remember that we had some work done on the house, followed by having the floors refinished on the whole main level, which meant that we to remove everything from the whole first level of the floor.

Everything -- every toy, every piece of furniture, every toy, every book, every pile of papers. So they got stashed in the basement and the great dumping ground of the universe -- The Guest Bedroom. Last week, I knew that I was going to have to get it all completely cleared out, because my sister-in-law and her daughter were going to be here on Monday.

I took a picture of the before, and I even emailed Janice and said, "Do I have a Tackle for you! It's a mess now, and I know that I will have it finished by Monday, because I have guests arriving."

I did indeed get the room cleared out. Dusted. Vacuumed. The bedspread neatly smoothed.

But I forgot to take an After picture.

I forgot, because I sort of forgot about posting the Tackle.

This morning when I got up just before 6:00 a.m. EST, I was going to send my husband a quick email, and I saw Janice's plea in my inbox:

Subject: Help!!

"Did I get it wrong? Were you going to post the Tackle today?"

Ooops.

So, I unwittingly performed my first April Fool's gag. I think I'll make it my last.

I quickly corrected my effort, but not before stressing out Janice in the early hours of April Fool's Day.

You can see my before picture (and trust me on the after) over at today's Tackle it Tuesday.

9 comments:

The Apron Queen said...

Please send the clutter fairy to my house. Make sure she has her super sized wand! :D

Come check out the progress of my Enchanted Sunflower Forest.

Confessions of an Apron Queen: http://anapronaday.blogspot.com

Beth@Sportsmomma said...

Way to go on taking on the HUGE tackle of taking on Tackle it Tuesday!!!

Karen said...

Well, at least you had fun on Tackle It April fools Tuesday. LOL

http://karensopinion.com/2008/04/01/tackle-it-tuesday-4/

We are THAT Family said...

That's a fun way to Tackle a joke!

Colleen said...

Way to tackle a big project!

(And I didn't notice the posting was late anyway. It was 5 am here. :O)

Aluguel de Computadores said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Aluguel de Computadores, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://aluguel-de-computadores.blogspot.com. A hug.

Stephanie's Mommy Brain said...

With company coming I can absolutely believe you cleaned it all up. = ) I can also understand forgetting the after picture. When I finished a job like that I just want to sit and drink a coke and bask in the wonder of my productivity. = )

janice said...

LOL No worries - glad to know you are human and forget things sometimes too!!! :) great tackle!

Katrina said...

I got a smile out of this. :) The important thing is, you got the room ready for company. I always beat myself up when I forget something I've promised to do... But I guess if we were perfect, it would be much harder to be humble. :)