Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Tooting My Own Horn

I'm a "words of affirmation" kind of gal. My husband is not, and so he doesn't always express his appreciation for me in the ways that I need him to. I am also lazy not very self-motivated, especially when it comes to housekeeping, and so I have learned to toot my own horn.

Yesterday I had to work especially hard. Our new furniture for our new rooms was delivered. We had forgotten to move the two pieces that would be in the way, and the delivery instructions clearly said that they wouldn't do it. I called Terry in the morning and reminded him that we forgot to do it, but that I'd take care of it.

After they came, I rearranged the furniture that we did have in there, moved the TV and reconnected all those wires and cords, and tidied up. It was looking good.

Terry came home, asking as he walked in, "Did it come? How does it look?"

He walked around and nodded a few times, and then was going to head upstairs to change clothes.

"You can't muster more of a reaction than that?" I asked. "Some enthusiasm for all my hard work?"

"It looks really great. I like it."

When he came back downstairs, he said, "So did the guys move the other furniture?"

"No, I moved the furniture. I told you that they weren't going to move it," I reminded him. "So I moved the furniture before they came, and I set everything up after they came."

I had decided to just to be happy letting my aching back applaud me for a job well done.

But then I remembered my faithful blog readers--you'd like to see some pictures, right?

Before:
After:

9 comments:

Org Junkie said...

Were just going to have to call you Mrs. Muscle from now on. It looks great! Love the leather.

Adventures In Babywearing said...

Toot away! And how nice -you have a lovely home!

Steph

Dana said...

It looks great! I am very impressed with your work!

Stephanie's Mommy Brain said...

thanks for showing us the pictures. Way to get the job done!

L.L. Barkat said...

Words of affirmation:

well done, good and faithful furniture mover. ; - )

Katrina said...

Three cheers for Jennifer: Hip, hip, hooray!!!

As a fellow affirmation-needer, I totally get tooting your own horn. I often tell Chad the work I accomplished on any given day (even if it was just a much-needed bathroom scrubbing), in hopes of a little affirmation.

Your room looks really great. I like the furniture, and the layout, and the new-and-improved open feel. Good job on everything -- from the planning to the calling contractors to the furniture moving!

Beck said...

What a gorgeous home - good work!

Dianne said...

Very commendable. I hear you on the affirmation/approval thing. I think that's my "love language" and it's nice to hear I'm not the only one who craves it :)

Love the room. We just got leather too. Now I want to tear up the carpet and let the hardwood floors speak for themselves.

Scrapping Servant said...

I'm proud of you girlie! And thanks for the kind welcome to 5min4mom :o)

I'm having a Mr. Clean giveaway on my blog if you are interested.