Thursday, May 22, 2008

Destination Disney -- Disney for Adults



Last week's topic was Hotels and Resorts. If you didn't check it out, you can read what all the participants had to say HERE.

This week's topic is Disney for Adults. Tell me about your favorite activities when you travel sans kids (or perhaps you bring the kids, but you use childcare--tell me about that too).

I posted some great links before my trip to Disney that I had found about people recounting their experiences as adults.

Being there as an adult on a sort of girls' weekend was not as odd as I might have imagined. The food was great; the service was spectacular. There is a full-service spa, but we weren't able to get into it.

I did enjoy the Cirque du Soleil resident show La Nouba. To say I enjoyed it is an understatement. It was the highlight of my trip. This would be a great activity to do with girlfriends or a spouse on an adult-trip, but I would also love to take my 9-year-old daughter, and I actually think that my four-year-old son would be captivated as well.

Please leave a comment or link to your own blog telling me what you enjoy as an adult (or what you would enjoy if you weren't focusing on your kids).

8 comments:

Vader's Mom said...

We love eating at the high-end restaurants that we don't have as much access to here at home.

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

Jennifer,

Sorry I didn't participate this week! I have been without kids (and would love to do it again someday), but I didn't have a chance to get a post together. Hope you have a great weekend!

Tammy said...

Hi Jennifer!
I don't really have any suggestions for grownups only at Disney but what a great idea...
We just got back from Disneyland last month with our girls, ages eight and a half and almost six and they had such a great time. But my husband, who had never been there as a child, had a blast,too! :)

ReviewsbyHeidi said...

I don't have much to add to this week's topic. Is this the last week? I was having so much fun with it- I was hoping you'd be adding more topics for the weeks to come!

Katrina said...

My sister-in-law and her husband have gone to DW several times without kids, and always have a blast. I think I'd do more restaurant-eating, move at a slower pace and enjoy the rides and shows that my kids wouldn't want to do. I'd also sleep in!

Kristenc said...

Hi Jennifer,

I just linked my post. I have been without kids, but somehow my best advice for adults circles back to them. Enjoy!

I hope you and your husband had a wonderful weekend!

dcrmom said...

I forgot about Destination Disney last weekend, what with the hand injury and the holiday.

So what's the topic this week?

Without kids, I went to Epcot and rode Soaring and saw the fireworks. It was fun, but next time I'll definitely make use of the fancy restaurants. :-)

Mikki said...

Hey.
I'd love to keep up with you but can't seem to find your RSS feed to add to my Google reader...

any ideas..