Friday, May 16, 2008

Destination Disney -- Hotels and Resorts



Last week we got some fantastic input on Disney on a Budget. If you didn't check in throughout the week, you should go back and see what you missed.

This week's topic is hotels and resorts. Some of the topics you might choose to cover:

Where do you stay? Why do you choose to stay there? Are there any non-Disney owned properties that you would recommend? If you've stayed in several properties, I would love to read a run-down of each of them.

As always, you can link up to past reviews you have written if they contain some detailed information about where you stayed, or you could create a new post with links back to those posts and identify each hotel to which you are linking.

On our trip, we stayed at the Disney Beach Resort and Hotel. It was nice. The room I stayed in was fairly spacious with a nice bathroom vanity area. I can see how a family of four could get ready and not trip all over each other. There was also lots of storage--drawers--which is great if you are staying somewhere more than a couple days. I posted some pictures of the property HERE.

We also toured the All Star Music resort. It was very bright and clean. As one of the budget hotels on property, it certainly has a different feel, but for a third of the price, I'd say it was worth it! They have one bedroom suites there, which are small, but do offer a little more privacy when traveling with family, which we always appreciate. The picture is taken from the front door. On the left by the door was a small table. The sofa and the big chair are pull-out beds. There are two bathrooms--one straight back and one off the bedroom, which is around the corner to the left. There is also a very small kitchenette with a sink, microwave, and a small fridge and some counter and shelf space.





Now it's your turn.

Either link up to your own blog or leave a comment sharing info about properties you'd recommend (or perhaps that you'd recommend that we avoid).

Next week is Disney for Adults. Tell me about your favorite activities when you travel sans kids (or perhaps you bring the kids, but you use childcare--tell me about that too). Since next week is Memorial Day, and it might be a slow weekend online, I'm going to post it on Thursday to give everyone more time to jump in.

10 comments:

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

I had wondered about the suites at Music. We stayed at Sports and enjoyed it, but that little bit of extra room would be nice. I hope they will add a few suites to all the values in the next few years. That would be great!

Dana said...

I have not stayed at the suites at the value either. I commented on mine today that our time is about up there when the baby turns 3, I should look into them....

ReviewsbyHeidi said...

We'll have to check into these suites. I didn't realize that they had them. I know the regular rooms only accomodate 4 and we have 5 in our family. These may be an option for our next, next trip (after the one we've planned for January).

Mikki said...

I love doing this. It let's me share some of my Disney knowledge.

Thanks for hosting these!

oh amanda said...

Oh, I hope I get to do this one this weekend! I've stayed at the All-Star resorts, too!

Anonymous said...

I have stayed at the Caribbean Resort (honeymoon) and the Contemporary (with kids). The Caribbean was perfect for us. We ran most of the time so were only there at night. The weather was chilly so we didn't use the pool area but it had a super neat eating area. We planned our family vacation with a travel agent and got a great deal at the Contemporary. We stayed in the Garden Rooms (which I hear were demolished recently). It was great to walk to Magic Kingdom, see the fireworks each night and even the boat parade that lit up the night on the lake each night. We didn't have to go far for the monorail and the character breakfast. We also have the 5 in a family problem. We had 2 double beds and a couch that doubled as a bed. We also had a large size dorm fridge in the room, so we were able to eat breakfast in the room easily. Can't wait to share next week! martha, the roommate

Katrina said...

This was great -- I just went through and read everyone's experiences and suggestions. The 2 times we've taken Camden haven't been "Disney Vacations" -- just regular vacations which involved a day or two at Disney -- so we stayed off-site. But I do hope to have a full-blown Disney Trip in a couple years, complete with a stay on the Disney property. I'm eyeing up the Animal Kingdom lodge.

Lisa said...

Hey! Can you email me about my win the other week! I think I have picked what I want from amazon. Goldeelox9@yahoo.com

We are staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge for the honeymoon and I am way excited! Usually we stay at the Pop which is a great budget hotel!

Kristenc said...

ooops...better late than never, is my motto for the last few days :) I linked my Disney blog.

Thanks for hosting the Carnival!

Anonymous said...

Your holidays ahead would become a real fun if you avail of the exciting holiday packages available with Fortune hotels. These holiday packages are available for Places like Fortune Inn Riveira hotels in Jammu, Fortune hotel Sullivan Court in Ooty, Fortune Chariot Beach Resort in Mahabalipuram, Fortune Resort Bay Island in Port blair, Fortune Resort Central in Darjeeling, Fortune Pandiyan hotels in Madurai, Fortune Kences hotel in Tirupati, Fortune Bella Casa in Jaipur. Fortune hotels in these locations would provide you with all the amenities under a comfortable atmosphere. The rooms of these hotels are having facilities like 24 hrs room service, centrally air-conditioned, Cable TV, health club, swimming pool and much more. The starting prices of the rooms of Fortune hotels in Jammu is Rs 4299/, Ooty is Rs 4499/, Mahabalipuram is Rs 7499/, Port Blair is Rs 5999/, Darjeeling is Rs 4399/, Madurai Rs 3299/, Tirupati is Rs1999/, Jaipur is Rs 4399 /.