Friday, May 30, 2008

The Future of Destination Disney



I was so glad that a few of you left comments hoping that last week wasn't the final installment of Destination Disney, because I hadn't announced a new topic or a new set of topics.

The reason for that is twofold:

I covered all of the major points of information that I wanted to share, which was my main purpose in holding a weekly carnival, but I had been hoping that I would keep it going if people were interested. I was actually thinking of cutting it down to a monthly schedule, instead of weekly, since all of the major topics have been covered.

And I was lucky to get anything up before I went out of town, as I was frantically tying up loose ends. I should've asked these questions then, but it was good to hear spontaneous cries of woe.

If you like joining in (or just reading the posts of those who have), please leave me a comment to let me know your thoughts about the carnival:

  • Would you like to see an ongoing monthly carnival (or if you'd prefer to see it weekly or every other week, let me know that too)?
  • Do you like having assigned topics, or would you like it to be a more general opportunity to write about your Disney dreams or wishes or memories?
  • If you like the topics, what are some topics that you think should be covered? I was thinking that we could focus on the parks--one week on Epcot, another on Animal Kingdom, Disneyland, etc., but I would love to hear your ideas.
Look for a post next week announcing what we're going to do going forward, with a schedule of topics if it turns out enough people are interested in going forward.

But in order to make a decision, I do need to hear from you. As they say before the wedding vows are made final, "Speak now, or forever hold your peace."

10 comments:

Adventures In Babywearing said...

I'm excited to see where it might go! I'm all tapped out for suggestions right now...

Steph

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

I think monthly sounds great. Now that summer is here, it will be difficult for me to keep up with weekly topics (even every other week would be better). I would love to participate. I think your ideas for the separate parks are a great way to keep going.

ReviewsbyHeidi said...

Oh, yeah! I was so hoping you would keep it going. This is THE funnest meme/carnival around!
With the busy-ness of summer, once a month, or every other week would probably suit better.
I'd love to see topics based on each Disney Park. Maybe you could even break it down further and do individual sections of each park. Or, you could do one on favorite shows at the Disney parks, one on favorite rides. What about (and this is kinda off-topic) one on "other" things to do while in the Disney area~ shows, places to eat, things like that. Mostly when we go to Florida, it's strictly for Disney, but I'd be interested in hearing about other fun things to do in the area.
That's all that comes to mind right off the top of my head.
Thanks for keeping it up,
Heidi

Vader's Mom said...

Monthly sounds wonderful. I'm all for an "easy" topic - Favorite Photo from Disney...(then I don't have to write anything) :)

Brumbemom said...

Hello,
I just found your blog and I am very interested in what I see. I too love to travel and Disney is a BIG deal with us. I'm not sure what you have done in the past, but I love meme and would definitely want to participate in some. I do think that weekly ones are a bit much though.
Thanks and I look forward to getting to know you and reading about some exciting things.

Heather said...

I have enjoyed reading everyone ideas as we are planning our first trip as a family.

I would love to hear suggestions on staying off Disney property!

Katrina said...

I just have to say, I had a very long and detailed dream last night about planning a Disney Vacation and I blame that on you. In my dream, however, when I was doing my research, I kept coming back to your blog, since I knew I'd find all kinds of helpful info here. :)

Kristenc said...

Hi Jennifer,

I am enjoying your carnival and would certainly continue to participate in the fun. Disney is so huge there is an almost unlimited number of topics we could cover. As far as gathering topics, I wonder if your children would be willing to look at the WDW website and come up with questions about the things they find interesting and want to know more about? Whatever you decide to do, I am sure it will be fun!

Tonya said...

I definitely will be participating. Monthly sounds good to me as well. I like having focused topics since I write about Disney a lot, this gives me some direction. Topic ideas... I'd like to see favorite restaurant and why, best ride, best ride for kids, favorite park, favorite resort, what's the strangest thing that's happened to you at Disney, what's your most memorable moment, how often do you go, have you been to the other parks around the world, or plans to go. I think that's all I can come up with for now. Thanks again!!

Julie said...

Yes, I'd love to see you continue this. While I'd choose weekly, I can understand that monthly would probably be easier for everyone...but maybe every other week as a compromise? Focusing on one park at a time is a great idea! And having some weeks where we just post photos is cool, too.